Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Resonance
scmx Offline

Resonance
After reading many differing opinions of Stanley Meyer's "resonant cavity" designs, here's my theory...

An electrical circuit consisting of a capacitor and an inductor in parallel, presents a very high resistance to current that attempts to pass through at its resonant frequency. However, at that resonant frequency, there can be a huge current flow oscillating back and forth between the capacitor and inductor. The tuned circuit, at its resonant frequency needs just a tiny input current to keep the massive internal current oscillating back and forth.

If the capacitor consisted of two electrical surfaces, insulated from each other and also containing water next to the insulator between them, would the massive electrical current oscillating in the circuit produce hydrogen bubbles with just a tiny bit of outside current necessary to keep the circuit oscillating?

I'm a computer programmer but had a lot of electronics experience many years ago.

If I had any electronics tools, my attempt would be to make such a "capacitor" including water next to the insulator, measure its capacitance, calculate an appropriate size inductance for a high frequency (maybe 20Khz), wire them in parallel and try to pass a current through them at the resonant frequency.

It seems to me that the oscillating current building up on the "capacitor" and extending out into the water is not all that different from current simply flowing through water. This current just doesn't reach all the way to the other side of the "capacitor" because it is stopped by the insulator. Then, just microseconds later, the current reverses its direction and flows the other direction, back through through the inductor to the opposite side of the "capacitor".

Aren't electrons flowing through the water to the insulator and then back through the same water as the current reverses direction?

Would this electron flow produce HHO in the water?

It seems that you could get a lot of current flow through the water in this oscillating circuit with a relatively small amount of input current needed to keep the oscillations repeating.

Any opinions from those more knowledgeable in this area?
05-18-2008 07:17 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply