Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Results now, none before, no reason
Gary Offline

Results now, none before, no reason
No rhyme or reason to the ECU's. The truck got about 16 city/hwy, and 18 hwy. Add HHO, and for a half tank, it got 19 city, then tanked. Got variable results with different amps/output around 16, then nothing but 16.
Then, after two months with no HHO on, I restart it at 10 amps and I'm getting 20.2 hwy and 18+ city.
What tha'...???
Checked the scangauge with a fillup and it was dead on: last tank was 17.5 average, 388 miles on just 22 gals. - tank can hold 26 as I found out the other day. I went 5 miles after it started missing to make the station.

Almost makes me want to take a trip somewhere! Oh, and I passed emissions with the unit installed and running. If this holds up, I may feel like getting an EFIE, since it will pay for itself at last.
Oh, and I'm on ignition cycle 6, still holding.
(This post was last modified: 07-03-2009 12:57 PM by Gary.)
07-03-2009 12:56 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
JET USA Offline

RE: Results now, none before, no reason
(07-03-2009 12:56 PM)Gary Wrote:  No rhyme or reason to the ECU's. The truck got about 16 city/hwy, and 18 hwy. Add HHO, and for a half tank, it got 19 city, then tanked. Got variable results with different amps/output around 16, then nothing but 16.
Then, after two months with no HHO on, I restart it at 10 amps and I'm getting 20.2 hwy and 18+ city.
What tha'...???
Checked the scangauge with a fillup and it was dead on: last tank was 17.5 average, 388 miles on just 22 gals. - tank can hold 26 as I found out the other day. I went 5 miles after it started missing to make the station.

Almost makes me want to take a trip somewhere! Oh, and I passed emissions with the unit installed and running. If this holds up, I may feel like getting an EFIE, since it will pay for itself at last.
Oh, and I'm on ignition cycle 6, still holding.

That is a suprising result, especially without a efie. Are you doing any other tweekimg to acheive that result? [like maf or other sensor compensation.] my site is http://waterworks4fuel.com

http://Jet-USA.com
"Those who say" " It cannot be done"
"should get out of the way of those who are doing it"[/size][/align]
(This post was last modified: 07-04-2009 08:42 AM by JET USA.)
07-04-2009 08:21 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
sax88player Offline

I had quite the opposite experience... When I was in Wisconsin for school I was getting 41-45 all around in my Tercel, and now that I'm back in Oregon for summer, I am down to the high 30's...

I haven't changed my setup at all. The best guess I have is that the gas here in Oregon sucks or something...

I'm injecting it through vacuum in the pcv so leaks rn't really an issue and ya... still running it between 12 and 15 Amps...

But i don't know how you got your miracle milage boost. good work tho!
07-15-2009 08:32 PM
Gary Offline

I did no work at all, save cleaning the air cleaner, turning on the unit after two months offline, and lowering the amps.
I can understand the ECU dropping the FE with HHO, but going the other way makes no sense, and the scangauge has shown up to a 22mpg average on the highway.
07-16-2009 02:48 PM
martinruf Offline

(07-16-2009 02:48 PM)Gary Wrote:  and lowering the amps.

Seem you have produced bevor too much HHO.
Now with lowering the amps you are in the range of better saving.
If you lower once more your amps the savings are the same?

Ford C-Max 1.8i flexfuel (petrol)
Victor-Tupperware-Cell
4x 5N at 1-2AMP
20% less Liter/100km
(This post was last modified: 07-16-2009 09:18 PM by martinruf.)
07-16-2009 08:39 PM
JET USA Offline

OK I found the source of "NCE".
APPARENTLY It is a proprietary product that is produced by the maker of the "HAFC" cell design.
It is my personal opinion that it is over priced. $20.00 for 4 ounces
is high.
Nothing has been said as to the ingredients of the "NCE" product.
ITS CONTENTS IS UNKNOWN. A "un-named person" I met once told me that a product used in the making of a "cool aid" concentrate could be used as a (non caustic electrolyte). Although I have no personal knowledge of that product, It would be cheaper than $20.00 for four ounces. I found this link regarding "NCE":
http://befreetech.com/nce_instructions.htm
I cannot endorse or debunk this product. CONTENTS IS UNKNOWN.
Thanks, Maybe someone could enlighten us as to what this product contains that makes it an electrolyte.
My site is http://waterworks4fuel.com You may log in there to send a comment. :-)

http://Jet-USA.com
"Those who say" " It cannot be done"
"should get out of the way of those who are doing it"[/size][/align]
07-16-2009 09:02 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bsmart Offline

Gary, I'm thinking the air filter cleaning was just part of the improvement for you. I suspect there is a 'sweet spot' for your vehicle and you've finally found it. If you create more gas than your ECU will accept, you've loaded the alternator for nothing. Its probably not so much that the alternator is more loaded, but the gases being added to the AFR mix may be negatively affecting your mpgs at the higher concentrations. I firmly believe 'more' hho gas isn't always the answer to better mpg's.
Reading my Driveability Manual for my vehicle, it states that the ECM can only adjust the AFR +/- X%. Its less % in the negative direction than the positive direction. I don't recall the exact numbers, but it was in the 15% to 20% range. That being the case, unless the ECM is reprogrammed, I think we are all up against the 'wall' and our progress is limited.
Each vehicle model may have a different stated value that the ECM can adjust AFR to. I'm pretty sure this is the case. Do you have an Emissions/Driveability Manual for your vehicle ?? Check it out.
08-12-2009 09:45 AM