Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Running off battery only?
cleverklutz Offline

Running off battery only?
Hi guys.

I've got a few questions to ask, but the one that I'm quite curious about is why nobody has run an hho generator off a battery that gets charged later. Correct me if I'm wrong but a marine battery with a 100 amp hour capacity could run a 20 amp generator for at least 3 hours right? That would leave some charge left so battery damage wouldn't occur. Electricity isn't that expensive and I'm guessing running a battery charger over night would be hardly noticeable on the power bill. Just curious as this would get rid of parasitic loss save for the weight of the actual battery.

Secondly, I'm looking at a strange cell on Ebay that claims to have adjustable output. I had thot a PWM could adjust output by dropping amps. Is this something new or a gimmic? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayIS...2759.l1259
Just wondering if I should buy a cheaper cell without this "black box". The 4.75 version of his cell shows identical production numbers and is half the price. The new Smack is out of my price range.

Any recommended cells? I plan on purchasing a scangauge to aid in tuning, a digital EFIE from here, and a good cell. I'm hoping that just modifying the 02 will be enough to lean out on and keep the scangauge a little accurate as well.

I drive a 2001 PT Cruiser with an automatic tranny and 2.4L engine. I've only read on here of a Neon getting gains, not really any other Mopar car with a similar 4 banger. I'd like to know of more similar cars.

Thank you.
Ben
(This post was last modified: 03-22-2010 11:37 AM by cleverklutz.)
03-22-2010 10:59 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
jbalat Offline

RE: Running off battery only?
Running off a battery has been discussed a few times. Its a really good option since it puts no load on the alternator. In fact in a test done by "THE SMACK" (see smackboosters) he achieved an 89% fuel saving by charging up 2 marine batteries.

Theoretically it is an easy way of converting your car into an electric/hybrid vehicle !!

As for the ebay add.. Wow its very long.. But I really love the design. It looks very simple and compact and by the sounds of it can achieve up to 2 LPM at around 15amps (not sure if this is entirely true)
03-22-2010 02:56 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
thomasbala Offline

(03-22-2010 10:59 AM)cleverklutz Wrote:  Hi guys.

I've got a few questions to ask, but the one that I'm quite curious about is why nobody has run an hho generator off a battery that gets charged later. Correct me if I'm wrong but a marine battery with a 100 amp hour capacity could run a 20 amp generator for at least 3 hours right? That would leave some charge left so battery damage wouldn't occur. Electricity isn't that expensive and I'm guessing running a battery charger over night would be hardly noticeable on the power bill. Just curious as this would get rid of parasitic loss save for the weight of the actual battery.

Secondly, I'm looking at a strange cell on Ebay that claims to have adjustable output. I had thot a PWM could adjust output by dropping amps. Is this something new or a gimmic? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayIS...2759.l1259
Just wondering if I should buy a cheaper cell without this "black box". The 4.75 version of his cell shows identical production numbers and is half the price. The new Smack is out of my price range.

Any recommended cells? I plan on purchasing a scangauge to aid in tuning, a digital EFIE from here, and a good cell. I'm hoping that just modifying the 02 will be enough to lean out on and keep the scangauge a little accurate as well.

I drive a 2001 PT Cruiser with an automatic tranny and 2.4L engine. I've only read on here of a Neon getting gains, not really any other Mopar car with a similar 4 banger. I'd like to know of more similar cars.

Thank you.
Ben

The E-Bay guy doesn't even know his terminology. He talks about 'over equity' when the term is 'over unity'. his "black box" sounds like a PWM in disguise. For about $150.00 you can get a decent dry cell on e-bay and for another $80.00 an EFIE from the proprietor of this site. That ought to set you up to start experimenting to get mpg gains with HHO.
03-22-2010 03:06 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
peepoweredcar Offline

I ordered one of his cells. Seems like a nice fella so far, I will let people know how it works for me-Jacob
05-19-2010 03:32 PM
Zipstor Offline

Yeah keep us posted I want to know how this goes... I have to say that this gen is probably an old ErHyzor from Eagle research.... Maybe its Georges W. himself trying to flog his old stocks... who knows... but that's a lot of bartering on that page there I say... Yeh let us know if you reach 20mmw.. why not

>> http://brownsgas.com
05-20-2010 04:32 AM
peepoweredcar Offline

(05-20-2010 04:32 AM)Zipstor Wrote:  Yeah keep us posted I want to know how this goes... I have to say that this gen is probably an old ErHyzor from Eagle research.... Maybe its Georges W. himself trying to flog his old stocks... who knows... but that's a lot of bartering on that page there I say... Yeh let us know if you reach 20mmw.. why not

I read on his "about me" that he first had sucess using one of them and then just modified it basically. SO its based on that design. I'll see how it gos for me.
05-22-2010 08:16 AM
Zipstor Offline

idmamajo4u from ebay Wrote:Very interesting design does not perform quite as advertised but as I expected Member idmamajo4u ( Feedback Score Of 136)

I have sent a message to one other customer. Waiting to see what he says about the claims vs actual results.

Too bad you can send only one message per day on that ebay thing...

>> http://brownsgas.com
(This post was last modified: 05-22-2010 05:57 PM by Zipstor.)
05-22-2010 05:46 PM
peepoweredcar Offline

got it yesterday and I like it. I havnt ran test or anything Im just gooin on the look and convenience but Its a pretty snazzy little deal. I'll hopefully get it tested soon. Came with a lot of instructions for tuning on the car to maximize stuff, with sensors and all that jazz. and the fellow himself seems to be a nice guy. They assembled it after my order and took a few days to condition it i think or test it or somthing. at this point I am optimistic.
05-25-2010 04:44 AM
benny Offline

(03-22-2010 03:06 PM)thomasbala Wrote:  
(03-22-2010 10:59 AM)cleverklutz Wrote:  Hi guys.

Thank you.
Ben

The E-Bay guy doesn't even know his terminology. He talks about 'over equity' when the term is 'over unity'. his "black box" sounds like a PWM in disguise. For about $150.00 you can get a decent dry cell on e-bay and for another $80.00 an EFIE from the proprietor of this site. That ought to set you up to start experimenting to get mpg gains with HHO.

You live and learn. I was under the impression, obviously misguided, that any oxyhydrogen (HHO) generator could be set up for variable output by simply using a PWM to vary average current. Didn't someone once-upon-a-time release a schematic for a PWM controller which could be set to give constant current output at a pre-settable level? Weren't there variations on this theme to allow for automatic variation of current according to engine speed and loading?

It appears, if this guy is to be believed, that everyone involved in HHO experimentation, and production, will have to rethink this whole branch of technology.

The only cell to be variable in output?
On second thoughts, no, I won't bother. I'll stick with with is known and well documented about HHO production . This sounds to be more like yet another money making scam rather than a technological breakthrough. Tongue
05-25-2010 03:09 PM
thomasbala Offline

(05-25-2010 03:09 PM)benny Wrote:  You live and learn. I was under the impression, obviously misguided, that any oxyhydrogen (HHO) generator could be set up for variable output by simply using a PWM to vary average current. Didn't someone once-upon-a-time release a schematic for a PWM controller which could be set to give constant current output at a pre-settable level? Weren't there variations on this theme to allow for automatic variation of current according to engine speed and loading?
When you think about it and even draw a schematic it looks easy to control the PWM with the TSP or a pot or some other device, but, in practicality there are just too many variables under operating conditions.
05-25-2010 06:04 PM