Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
SLR Motorsports fuel saver
mark2020 Offline

SLR Motorsports fuel saver
Has anyone tried the product from http://www.slrmotorsports.com? they claim Up to 50 hp and 3-6 mpg i emailed them and they said it plugs into the IAT sensor. sounds like they are modifing the intake air temp like mike talks about on tuning for milage.
07-07-2008 03:19 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mark2020 Offline

RE: SLR Motorsports fuel saver
has anyone ever haerd about this company or checked out th e website?
07-10-2008 04:46 AM
rnotme Offline

RE: SLR Motorsports fuel saver
I have heard through the grapevine that SLR is a rip off because what they claim those chips will do..doesn't

There are other performance chip companies out there and I actually bought one for my 92 Chevy Lumina and it worked as advertised. More power,a little better MPGs but nothing to go nutzoid about.

I'm sorry I don't remember the companies name..its been a while, but they had a support tech you could call and he knew everything about the product and how well it would work on your model car.

He even told me that I needed to replace my Thermostat to a higher temperature rating because if I didn't, the car wouldn't warm up enough.

I didn't and he was right! The Car would take forever to warm up on a cold day.

I had to replace it with the OEM Chip after a while as this was my wife's car and she didn't like all that extra power and it didn't "Feel" like her car anymore..:P

BTW, the chip was $186 and worth every penny as the car ran like a bat outta hell, until I had to change it back... *Sadness*

Edit: This is the site I got it from..I just remembered

http://www.jetchip.com/
(This post was last modified: 07-10-2008 08:48 AM by rnotme.)
07-10-2008 08:38 AM