Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
SUCCESS WITH DODGE RAM 2500
freddyhho Offline

SUCCESS WITH DODGE RAM 2500
Hi to all, after follow the recommendations from users of this forum, I decide to change the electrolyte from Baking soda to Sodium Hydroxide, and the result was huge, less electrolyte, more amps, more production of HHO, and a clean operation of my cell.

My pickup (a 1995 Dodge Ram 2500), wasn't get any increment in MPG, but whit an increment of potency and engine smoothness, but now, think I reach the cundalini ( just joking),this are some results taken before and after the change of electrolyte:

When using Baking Soda (30 teaspoons in 2 liters of distilled water) the current only reach the 12 amps hot, after 1 Hr. of driving in the city, and the production was 1Lpm.
By using Sodium Hydroxide (3 teaspoons in 2 liters of distilled water) the current reach 12 amps cold and 1Lpm of production(this is whit the water cold),and 19 amps hot after 40 minutes and 1.9Lpm of HHO. From there the cell never gets hot, just a little warm, and very stable.

The best part of this, is the increment in mileage noticed in a 30 miles running in my city where I live. Before I was enter in this exciting world of HHO production, my pickup gives me 9 miles per gallon, and this was using all types of enhancers( magnetos in the gas line, spark plugs enhancers,hi efficiency air filters etc.).
But now, it start to give me 12 miles per gallon, is not much but hey, is an starting point, still using my efie in 200mv now.
I have to put a second bubbler just for more safety, by the way they are an already made bubbler from SALTER LABS http://www.salterlabs.com/humidifiers.htm ,they have work very well for me, and you can make a try.

Ok, that's is for now, thanks to all for you're support, i hope this info can be useful to you

1995 Dodge Ram 2500
V8 5.9L 360
Tero Dry Cell 19 plates (3 cells 5 neutrals)
MAP and EFIE Enhancers
Water Vaporizer
Gasoline Vaporizer
(This post was last modified: 01-04-2009 08:11 PM by colchiro.)
01-03-2009 07:55 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
thomasbala Offline

RE: SUCCESS WHIT DODGE RAM 2500
(01-03-2009 07:55 PM)freddyhho Wrote:  Hi to all, after follow the recommendations from users of this forum, I decide to change the electrolyte from Baking soda to Sodium Hydroxide, and the result was huge, less electrolyte, more amps, more production of HHO, and a clean operation of my cell.

My pickup (a 1995 Dodge Ram 2500), wasn't get any increment in MPG, but whit an increment of potency and engine smoothness, but now, think I reach the cundalini ( just joking),this are some results taken before and after the change of electrolyte:

When using Baking Soda (30 teaspoons in 2 liters of distilled water) the current only reach the 12 amps hot, after 1 Hr. of driving in the city, and the production was 1Lpm.
By using Sodium Hydroxide (3 teaspoons in 2 liters of distilled water) the current reach 12 amps cold and 1Lpm of production(this is whit the water cold),and 19 amps hot after 40 minutes and 1.9Lpm of HHO. From there the cell never gets hot, just a little warm, and very stable.

The best part of this, is the increment in mileage noticed in a 30 miles running in my city where I live. Before I was enter in this exciting world of HHO production, my pickup gives me 9 miles per gallon, and this was using all types of enhancers( magnetos in the gas line, spark plugs enhancers,hi efficiency air filters etc.).
But now, it start to give me 12 miles per gallon, is not much but hey, is an starting point, still using my efie in 200mv now.
I have to put a second bubbler just for more safety, by the way they are an already made bubbler from SALTER LABS http://www.salterlabs.com/humidifiers.htm ,they have work very well for me, and you can make a try.

Ok, that's is for now, thanks to all for you're support, i hope this info can be useful to you

freddyhho:

33% increase in mpg by just changing the electrolyte sounds pretty good to me. If I used to spend $300.00 for gas each month and now I'm getting a 33% increase in mpg my gas expense will also go down by 33%, $100.00 per month. Congradulations!!!. You may very well be at the optimum mpg gain at your current settings, or, you may want to tweak your system a little to see if you can't get more mpg. Here are some suggestions: (1) Tweak your EFIE [go up 25 mv to 225 mv]; test it thoroughly; mpg up or down? (2) Increase you electrolyte concentration to produce 25-28 A, assuming no heat problem in which case you'd drain some electrolyte and replace it with distilled water; obviously a greater concentration has a problem. (3) Reverse the electrical connections on your generator; test thoroughly ; mpg up or down? (4) Add another generator in parallel; then in series; test thoroughly (5) If there's a heat problem with an increase of electrolyte concentration lower the EFIE mv to 175. I'm sure there's more to try; try reading the docs, especially: "Tuning for Mileage". Again, good job.
01-04-2009 01:12 AM
freddyhho Offline

There is indeed many thinks to try, I tweak my map device and efie in conjunction, but it looks they are not compatible when using at the same time, my pickup start to pinging (just a little), when start to accelerate or to pass another car.

One think that I like to do is the addition of a second dry cell,so, if someone already do this, please explain me how to wire the 2 devices.
I gonna make another test to be really sure of the results, you see, I install an identical dry cell to a friend of mine and he is a mechanic and we help us each other to improve the efficiency of ours pickup, and his father ( a mechanic to), want me to put another dry cell in his jeep Cherokee because he see the results we obtain, and the best part of all is, that they have an OBDII device and this is very helpful when you try to tweak one sensor or the ECU.
I will keep posting all the results (perhaps the results of 3 of us) and hope this can be useful for the people of this forum. Thanks.

1995 Dodge Ram 2500
V8 5.9L 360
MAP and EFIE Enhancers
Water Vaporizer
Gasoline Vaporizer
01-04-2009 09:07 AM
stl_hemi Offline

Get that dry cell's LPM up aswell. 2lpm ain't alot for a 7000lb truck.

Paul
2004 Dodge Ram 2500 QC Hemi Off Road
5" of lift with 35" Super Swamper SSR's

Trucks forsale
Buying a 2010 Ram 3500 Mega CTD Smile
01-04-2009 10:14 AM
thomasbala Offline

(01-04-2009 09:07 AM)freddyhho Wrote:  There is indeed many thinks to try, I tweak my map device and efie in conjunction, but it looks they are not compatible when using at the same time, my pickup start to pinging (just a little), when start to accelerate or to pass another car.

One think that I like to do is the addition of a second dry cell,so, if someone already do this, please explain me how to wire the 2 devices.
I gonna make another test to be really sure of the results, you see, I install an identical dry cell to a friend of mine and he is a mechanic and we help us each other to improve the efficiency of ours pickup, and his father ( a mechanic to), want me to put another dry cell in his jeep Cherokee because he see the results we obtain, and the best part of all is, that they have an OBDII device and this is very helpful when you try to tweak one sensor or the ECU.
I will keep posting all the results (perhaps the results of 3 of us) and hope this can be useful for the people of this forum. Thanks.
Freddye:
Adding another dry cell is a good idea. Wire it in parallel [your (+) wire from battery bolts to one generator then continues on to be bolted to the second generator; same with your (-) wire; in other words one (+) wire has both generators connected to it; same with (-) wire ] You could also wire it in series: (+) wire from battery goes to generator 1; (-) wire from generator 1 goes to (+) wire on generator 2; (-) wire on generator 2 goes to ground. See which way gives you the most production.
01-04-2009 11:56 AM
freddyhho Offline

(01-04-2009 11:56 AM)thomasbala Wrote:  
(01-04-2009 09:07 AM)freddyhho Wrote:  There is indeed many thinks to try, I tweak my map device and efie in conjunction, but it looks they are not compatible when using at the same time, my pickup start to pinging (just a little), when start to accelerate or to pass another car.

Freddye:
Adding another dry cell is a good idea. Wire it in parallel [your (+) wire from battery bolts to one generator then continues on to be bolted to the second generator; same with your (-) wire; in other words one (+) wire has both generators connected to it; same with (-) wire ] You could also wire it in series: (+) wire from battery goes to generator 1; (-) wire from generator 1 goes to (+) wire on generator 2; (-) wire on generator 2 goes to ground. See which way gives you the most production.

Thank you for that info, I only have to wait a couple of days to go to the place I found the SS plates and start to build a second cell, like always, the material to build a dry cell is a little dificult to find in my city, and the majority of the companies in Internet don't send the components what I need to any country.

1995 Dodge Ram 2500
V8 5.9L 360
MAP and EFIE Enhancers
Water Vaporizer
Gasoline Vaporizer
01-04-2009 01:45 PM