Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Scangauge II and XGauge...
ghahai ghato Offline

Scangauge II and XGauge...
Hmm...
Has anyone tried the Scangauge II with Xgauge...

http://www.scangauge.com/
http://www.scangauge.com/support/xgauge.shtml

http://www.scangauge.com/support/pdfs/XGAUGE.pdf

this looks very interesting with all the datas...

Any possibility that Scangauge can help us setup a HHO fuel trim?...
10-16-2008 10:31 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
dr_dx Offline

RE: Scangauge II and XGauge...
I use mine everyday. IMO, it is the best thing you can get for saving $$$ and increasing milage because it changes the way you drive.

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w200/...ics027.jpg
10-16-2008 10:45 PM
ghahai ghato Offline

Excellent dr...
That's why I'm getting one soon eventhough i'm a very light footed driver.
I'm actually hoping that Scangauge geeks would figure a way to hack into our ECU and set it up to run with HHO... so I can sleep with a big fat smile on my face...kakaka
10-16-2008 10:55 PM
aardvarkinmud Offline

I bought one some time ago, and while it displays mpg, cooling temp, intake temp, and so on, it does not neccsessarily display a given sensor for your car. i.e: dispalys MAP sensor and if you have a MAF you're out of luck. Same with IAT.
I have three different vehicles (Nissan, Honda, Ford) and you just don't get all the obvious front line sensors unless you start digging in and become a programmer.
For example, ScanGauge does not readily let you look at what you most need, namely the O2 sensor(s) output (what the ECU actually sees).
In order to do that, you (according to the folks at ScanGauge) need to use the X-Gauge function and either be extremely lucky and find the direct input codes (binary programming in 1's and 0's) for your specific vehicle (very unlikely), or, you need to become a programmer and get the appropriate codes and parameters you will need from your car manufacturer. To say the least this is a VERY daunting task. If you are not a computer geek, you'll be out of luck.
In practical terms, their X-Gauge capability is not useful for ordinary folks, period. And while I am not shooting them down, I think they should not advertise this without having at least the code input tables worked out for most cars (which I know is a large undertaking).
Given all that, I found it useful in just learning the mg numbers based on my driving style and how open/closed loops operate on different cars.
My wish:
Everybody who has actually succeeded in figuring out how to program any X-Gauge function should post results HERE!
Hope this gives you another perspective.Smile

2005 Ford E-450 RV (6.8 l V10) under construction.
11-20-2008 11:36 AM
cmac0351 Offline

Ummm.....my scanguage was really easy to program. I wrote down the codes from a list and copied them into the Scanguage. I can't remember if I added the o2 sensor or if it was already there, but I have the o2 output, and long and short fuel trims on my '02 Kia Rio.

I mean, you have to be able to follow directions and all. Is that what you meant by normal people can't do it?

aardvarkinmud Wrote:I bought one some time ago, and while it displays mpg, cooling temp, intake temp, and so on, it does not neccsessarily display a given sensor for your car. i.e: dispalys MAP sensor and if you have a MAF you're out of luck. Same with IAT.
I have three different vehicles (Nissan, Honda, Ford) and you just don't get all the obvious front line sensors unless you start digging in and become a programmer.
For example, ScanGauge does not readily let you look at what you most need, namely the O2 sensor(s) output (what the ECU actually sees).
In order to do that, you (according to the folks at ScanGauge) need to use the X-Gauge function and either be extremely lucky and find the direct input codes (binary programming in 1's and 0's) for your specific vehicle (very unlikely), or, you need to become a programmer and get the appropriate codes and parameters you will need from your car manufacturer. To say the least this is a VERY daunting task. If you are not a computer geek, you'll be out of luck.
In practical terms, their X-Gauge capability is not useful for ordinary folks, period. And while I am not shooting them down, I think they should not advertise this without having at least the code input tables worked out for most cars (which I know is a large undertaking).
Given all that, I found it useful in just learning the mg numbers based on my driving style and how open/closed loops operate on different cars.
My wish:
Everybody who has actually succeeded in figuring out how to program any X-Gauge function should post results HERE!
Hope this gives you another perspective.Smile

2005 Ford E-450 RV (6.8 l V10) under construction.
11-20-2008 12:28 PM
ghahai ghato Offline

cmac0351 Wrote:Ummm.....my scanguage was really easy to program. I wrote down the codes from a list and copied them into the Scanguage. I can't remember if I added the o2 sensor or if it was already there, but I have the o2 output, and long and short fuel trims on my '02 Kia Rio.

Great.... good for you...Big Grin
So you managed to dial in the XGauge...
Nice to see that SGII is capable of O2 readout...

Are you running HHO on your Rio? Smile
11-21-2008 03:51 AM
dogman Offline

The scangauge website has a pdf file that has a list of xgauge options with programming codes. I added O2 sensors, AF ratio and horsepower(for fun). The actual programming instructions are in the users manual. Pretty easy to do.

Doug
2003 Buick Lesabre Limited
3.8L V6
Minot, ND
11-21-2008 01:13 PM
colchiro Offline

Did you guys know you can daisy-chain two scangauges with a short ethernet (network) cable?

[Image: lftate30lowvalues.jpg]

Each SG has two jacks on the back. Just plug one into the vehicle and use the second one to plug in another SG.

This photo from a '05 Ford Escape Hybrid owner.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
11-21-2008 07:17 PM
ghahai ghato Offline

Fuyooo... cool...

What are the readouts..... very curious
(This post was last modified: 11-22-2008 01:24 AM by ghahai ghato.)
11-22-2008 01:23 AM
colchiro Offline

A lot of it is xgauge stuff specific to Ford hybrids:
battery (State Of Charge), hybrid battery discharge (AMP), water temp (FWT), cylinder head temp (CHt), MPG, MPH, long term fuel trim (LFT) and I think horsepower (HPR).

They did a lot of research and got SG to document a lot of FEH codes: http://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/f26/s...tory-16100

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
11-22-2008 08:47 AM