Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Scion tc
koya1893 Offline

Scion tc
I've installed a wide band EFIE on the front sensor and have it set 1/4 turn (9 O'Clock) position. The CEL came on with a code of 138 (high voltage banks 1 sensor 1). If I turned it CW will it decrease the voltage? I am saying that because if it's at the full CCW is like normal the closer it is turned to 12 O' Clock the lower the voltage. someone with greater knowledge correct this Olde Salty Navy chief. thank you.
11-02-2009 08:55 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

RE: Scion tc
Haha. I think an old salty Navy chief probably will understand this stuff better than most!

Full CCW is no change, meaning no leaning of the mix. When the computer is saying high voltage it means that the EFIE is set too high. Even at 9:00, it can be too high. The thing to do is lower it (meaning turn it CCW) even more. It takes very little adjustment from these devices to lean the mix. In your case, you will want to lower it until you stop getting engine codes. You may have to reset the code, and if you don't have a scanner, get your auto parts store to do it for you.

Note, we sell a $50 scanner that you can run from a laptop computer at our online store ( http://www.fuelsaver-mpg.com/store ), if you need one.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
(This post was last modified: 11-02-2009 01:12 PM by mike.)
11-02-2009 01:12 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
koya1893 Offline

I finally gain access to the car to make some changes to the Wide band EFIE. Everytime I made adjustment to it the CEL came early it was the same code 138, this time 138 pending was the other code. So I adjusted it to the lowest setting without going full stock. I still got the code, I decided to play with the rear O2 which was set at 150mv, I lowered it to 100mv no CEL keeping my fingers cross. Can someone enlighten me just how much adjustment that was done with the Wide band EFIE set at the lowest point and with the rear set at 100 mv because anything higher will set of the CEL.
11-16-2009 07:53 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

hmmm. Maybe it was the rear sensor all the time. You might try raising the front again and see if the CEL will remain out.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
11-16-2009 08:51 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply