Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Scratch or not to scratch?
brandnew Offline

Scratch or not to scratch?
What is the latest on scratching/sanding the plate with rough sandpaper? Does it help with HHO production or not? I have read opinions both ways. I wish I had the $50 to spare and join The International HHO Institute. Would this organization know things like this from testing different units that are sent to them for testing and do they share this knowledge with their members? Thanks
03-25-2011 04:37 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

RE: Scratch or not to scratch?
I doubt they could answer that question for you. The reason is that they would have to test a cell with plates un-sanded, and the same cell with the plates sanded. Different cells would have different results, and there would be no way of knowing what effect the sanded plates had, as opposed to any other factors in the construction of the cell.

I've also heard arguments both ways. I can tell you this: I almost never see cell designs with cross hatch sanded plates anymore. They are almost always smooth. So you'll find that most cell makers, by survey, consider it unnecessary.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
03-29-2011 09:28 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply