Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Sensless Sensors!!!
NeVeRmiNdQ Offline

Sad Sensless Sensors!!!
I need some help finding out which sensor is my map sensor. I had thought it was the one on my firewall with 3 wires, one being grounf, and one the 4.95v wire, and the other something else. But when my intake blew up they said they put a new map sensor on it and that the map sensor is right ontop of the intake manifold. So I am confused, he said the one I thought it was was the INRC sensor or something like that. In this link is a pic of what the thing looked like that I though was the map sensor and currently have a resistor on the ground wire.

http://www.lunghd.com/Tech_Articles/Engi...or_MAP.jpg
03-05-2008 08:56 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
NeVeRmiNdQ Offline

RE: Sensless Sensors!!!
This link too is what i thought it was

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=h...f%26sa%3DN

and this is what i was told it was

http://www.maxrev.de/album_mod/upload/c5...e6be3d.jpg
03-05-2008 09:08 PM
mike Offline

Which one is connected to the intake manifold? I can't tell from the photos. But there will be an open air passage from the intake manifold to the MAP sensor, or else it wouldn't be able to detect the pressure in there.

Also, (I hate to sound like a broken record), but you should get a Haynes manual for your car, and/or the wiring diagrams from ahdol.com. Either of these references would be able to clarify all of your sensors for you. The wiring diagram would do it by telling you the wire colors going to it.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
03-05-2008 09:49 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
NeVeRmiNdQ Offline

I ordered the diagrams for $12 from ahdol.com, it says the IAT is integrated in the MAF but I dont see the color wires they said coming from the MAF and dont see any other sensor on the sir intake, where is the IAT sensor
03-07-2008 06:41 PM
NeVeRmiNdQ Offline

Also, is ACT, Air Charge Tem the same thing as IAT.
03-07-2008 06:43 PM
NeVeRmiNdQ Offline

Sorry but another question, I am trying to find the ground wire on the map sensor, on the wiring diagrams all the wires go somewhere but not to any ground, one of the wires, colored grey and red, hooks up to a bunch of other grey and red wires coming from other sensors, I figured this was the ground grouping all the sensors but I followed it through the diagram and it led to the ECU titled as SIGNAL RTN, and not the GRND that is liste on the ECU
03-07-2008 06:58 PM
mike Offline

$12 huh? They raised their price a buck!

ACT is Air Charge Temperature, and is the temp of the incoming air stream (incoming to the engine). Yes, that's the same as IAT.

Make sure you check all the diagrams. One of them will have a little diagram of the MAF/IAT with the wire colors, and showing which terminals they go to on the ECU.

Signal return is almost certainly the ground. Measure one of those wires to ground and I think you'll find it reads 0 volts. Or use an ammeter to your negative battery terminal, and you'll read very low ohms. That's your ground.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
03-07-2008 07:49 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PerfectWolrd Offline

NeVeRmiNdQ Wrote:Sorry but another question, I am trying to find the ground wire on the map sensor, on the wiring diagrams all the wires go somewhere but not to any ground, one of the wires, colored grey and red, hooks up to a bunch of other grey and red wires coming from other sensors, I figured this was the ground grouping all the sensors but I followed it through the diagram and it led to the ECU titled as SIGNAL RTN, and not the GRND that is liste on the ECU

This may help you cause when i was doing that same thing i was told that i need it to modify the 5vref line not the ground or the signal wire. By doing this you will change the signal wire which i thing thats what you are trying to do...
03-20-2008 05:19 PM