Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Serious help needed PLEASE !
CitatioN10 Offline

Serious help needed PLEASE !
OK I got 3 PWM's from PWMPOWER , they live close to me so I made a drive up , They " Tom" told me I need to have my plates in series +-+-+-+-+- so on . Also he said they should be close as in 1 /16th , I made a 14 cell in series 1 / 16 thats about the thickness of a 8 inch tie wrap . I also made a 10 cell same configuration

PWM works great does what he claims it will do BUT I major PROBLEM

The Negative gets SO hot you can burn your finger , I made a unit with the top and sealed , the negative started smoking and melted the top nut .

OK ,

Now this is with NO electrolite , just rain water and thats it ! as soon as I drop in the 10 cell I'm pulling 10 amps . the 14 cell was 20 to 25 no electrolite .

Why is the negative getting so HOT !

I can turn down the amperage but then if I do that then I wont get hardly any output ..

Any other idea's guys , this is really killing me .

Thanks
07-01-2008 06:46 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
stevekos7 Offline

RE: Serious help needed PLEASE !
I assume you are operating on 12-14 volts. If so it is the carrying capacity of your leads and connectors. I expect that If you go to heavier gauge wire and connectors the current won't 'bottle neck' at the connection point. 10 amps isn't very high so shouldn't do that kind of damage. Just a thought.
07-01-2008 07:05 PM
CitatioN10 Offline

12 volts, car battery on bench ..all connections are made with 10 gauge stranded wire . Nothing sloppy

Like I posted about , I tested this with a 10 cell , 12 cell and 14 , 14 got the hottest , but 10 cell was still very bad ...

this will NOT work in a car for sure .
07-01-2008 07:07 PM
hydrodine Offline

I have tested and seen no positive results using a pwm, And i have tried it on different cells. To me the pwm is a waste of money on a hydro cell. They work great controlling a dc motor speed such as stepper motors. Even George from eagle research does not incorperate them or sell them. Keep your cell designed on series based cells such as a closed bath per cell or a hyzor unit. They work. As far as the efi i so far have seen zero affect on three late model vehicles. OBD I seems to responed best to efi.
07-02-2008 04:33 AM
CitatioN10 Offline

This isnt a regular PWM , this is dave lawton design , I also found out I needed to change the output voltage to 6 or 7 volts .
07-02-2008 07:07 AM
cheapfuel Offline

Are your cells that connected up in seperate electrolytes. The series connections only work to reduce amperage when the cells are in complete separate generators. The other thing is a possible low resistance between anode and cathode plates or even a possible short if you are as close as 1/16 inch. Have you tested your plate to plate, plate cathode, plate to anode and anode to cathode with an ohm meter. You can feel your fuse casing and wires for heat....are they hot? I got HHO with plates 1/4 inch apart. I am going to move them 1/8 inch apart for higher production. How many plates do you have in each unit. I had no difference with 8 plates than I had with 4 plates. I am therefore going for 4 plates: +-+-....in series to +-+-...in series to +-+- and so on using 3 or 4 generators (3 shown). No more than 1/2 teaspoon of NaOH per generator unless you use a lot of generators to get your amerpage down and want to increase your amerage for higher out put.
07-02-2008 07:32 AM
CitatioN10 Offline

All I needed to do was run a wire from each cell , problem solved.
07-03-2008 06:45 PM
stevekos7 Offline

CitatioN10 Wrote:All I needed to do was run a wire from each cell , problem solved.

What do you mean? What is the result now in output at what amps?
07-03-2008 11:48 PM