Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Simplest Map & EFI enhancer Combo
victoreperez Offline

Simplest Map & EFI enhancer Combo
Combining some of the simplest circuits available I was able to come with this Combo Enhancer (MAP & O2 Sensors). Attached you'll find the simple schematic for it...the use of 2 SPDT switches let you get back to original signals in a hurry, with just the flip of a switch or try different combinatios of sensor enhancement. Both on, just one ot the other, etc. VR1 sets the new voltage to Map sensor tru the voltage regulator LM317T, so this voltage should be less than the 5 V...how much less is a guess.
VR3 sets the amount of minivolts that will be added to the O2 sensor...this circuit should give you a range from 0 to 400 mvolts...everybody suggest 200 mvolts, so be careful here and make sure you don't use it without your HHO generator working properly...otherwise you can end up with an over lean condition and you know the results!!!!. VR2 sets the voltage needed for that part of the circuit to operate. It should give you a voltage of 1.5 V to 1.9 when measured between VR2 & R3. After that initial setup, there is no need to touch VR2 ever again. When SW2 connects B & C, you're sending the original signal from O2 sensor directelly to ECU...when you flip the switch, original signal connects tru base of VR3, gets "enhanced" and goes tru A, then B to the ECU.
I just finished building it...you're welcome to try it and I will appreciate any feedback you can provide. Thanks

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

11-23-2008 12:32 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
umim Offline

RE: Simplest Map & EFI enhancer Combo
Thanx for sharing.
11-23-2008 02:57 PM
Tom1803 Offline

I am no electrical engineer, and I do probably not understand, but looking at the SW2, it looks as if the O2 signal is going to ground at the C connection. I found a diagram for the MAP part of this system and it works fine, I am using it now, and have seen a setup for the O2 that added a small voltage to the O2 signal so there was still an and up and down voltage that the ECU would still think (and an ECU thinking is a scary thought) that everything is fine.

2002 PT Cruser 2.4
Phoenix, Arizona
11-23-2008 05:25 PM
realtyroy Offline

victoreperez Wrote:Combining some of the simplest circuits available I was able to come with this Combo Enhancer (MAP & O2 Sensors). Attached you'll find the simple schematic for it...the use of 2 SPDT switches let you get back to original signals in a hurry, with just the flip of a switch or try different combinatios of sensor enhancement. Both on, just one ot the other, etc. VR1 sets the new voltage to Map sensor tru the voltage regulator LM317T, so this voltage should be less than the 5 V...how much less is a guess.
VR3 sets the amount of minivolts that will be added to the O2 sensor...this circuit should give you a range from 0 to 400 mvolts...everybody suggest 200 mvolts, so be careful here and make sure you don't use it without your HHO generator working properly...otherwise you can end up with an over lean condition and you know the results!!!!. VR2 sets the voltage needed for that part of the circuit to operate. It should give you a voltage of 1.5 V to 1.9 when measured between VR2 & R3. After that initial setup, there is no need to touch VR2 ever again. When SW2 connects B & C, you're sending the original signal from O2 sensor directelly to ECU...when you flip the switch, original signal connects tru base of VR3, gets "enhanced" and goes tru A, then B to the ECU.
I just finished building it...you're welcome to try it and I will appreciate any feedback you can provide. Thanks

Hey Victor I would like to hear how it works for you on your rig and how easy it is to dial in. Also how much did it cost you to gather up all the parts?

Thanks!

RealtyRoy-HHO Scambuster
http://pmgen.com/hhoscambusters/

2002 Dodge Durango SLT 4.7
2001 Audi A6 2.8 Quattro
1964 Chev Impala SS 409 My baby!

A day is a day but the day I save gas is a good day!!
11-23-2008 05:50 PM
victoreperez Offline

I came up this morning with the circuit...actually is two circuits in one: the map sub-module, that is actually the same from tuning for mileage and the O2 sub-module, that is the same as the one that Gary shared with a 1.5 Volt dry battery. I added a branch to supply the 1.5 volts from the same power source, eliminating the dry battery. When SW2 connects A & B, the signal from the O2 sensor (around .450 Volt) is applied at the base of the resistor, it will add that .450 to the output coming from VR3 to point A, which it should be about .200 after seting up the proper value of VR3. When SW2 connects B & C, the original signal goes tru to ECU. I was building it this afternoon, just finished and Im attaching pictures of my "prototype". You'll see I used speakers fast connectors for the inputs-outputs of both signals. Please let me know of any feedback or questions you may have.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

11-23-2008 06:14 PM
victoreperez Offline

realtyroy
with all the finishing touches i spent about $27 or $28 bucks. My "friendly" Radio Shack store is getting ridiculous. That money included the spekers terminals, box, knobs, 2 switches, 2 pots and all the minor stuff. I'll be installing it probably after thanksgiving and will let you know what it does.
11-24-2008 01:45 PM
Tom1803 Offline

I built the controler and installed it today. The MAP part adjusted fine. The question is I am not sure the O2 part is working. I set the pots on the bench and got the proper voltage. Before I hooked it up. I warmed the car and checked the voltage on the O2 sencer and was getting .3 to .7. The controler is reading .200. I cut the wire and hooked it up and the only voltage I read is the .200. The car runs fine, took it around the block checking with the controler in both the on and off position.
Should I be able to read the O2 + the controler voltage, or it there something wrong?

2002 PT Cruser 2.4
Phoenix, Arizona
11-24-2008 03:56 PM
PanamaRik Offline

Just came across this thread.

The immediate fault I see with the diagram from the OP is that as soon as you switch on the oxygen sensor part you earth out the signal coming from the O2 sensor.

This is why Mikes EFIE uses an expensive chip.......... to separate the voltage being added to the signal from the natural earth of the car.

The battery design works the same way.......... by adding a free floating voltage to the signal.

All is not lost though........... simply cut the wire between the 12v+ and RI....... and the wire going to 12v-, and put an AA battery into that part of the circuit instead of the 12v. You will need to adjust the values of the resistors (R1 and/or R3) to bring the voltage into the correct range but at least it will work.

PanamaRik

Drop by my site at http://gassaver.panamacentric.com and say 'Hi' Rik
11-24-2008 04:38 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tom1803 Offline

Thank You, If you will note I posted a question about that above and no one responded to that question put just talk about how well it worked. I just figured I was the dumb one. I think I will go to Mike and get one that works. It Just more fun to do it your self.

2002 PT Cruser 2.4
Phoenix, Arizona
11-24-2008 04:48 PM
PanamaRik Offline

Don't give up on the AA battery idea yet Tom. I've been using the setup with the AA battery on my car for almost 4 months, and that AA battery was one I took out of a wall clock because it didn't have enough power to keep time. The milliamp draw is so small the battery seems to recover while the car is standing overnight.

PanamaRik

Tom1803 Wrote:Thank You, If you will note I posted a question about that above and no one responded to that question put just talk about how well it worked. I just figured I was the dumb one. I think I will go to Mike and get one that works. It Just more fun to do it your self.

Drop by my site at http://gassaver.panamacentric.com and say 'Hi' Rik
11-24-2008 04:59 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply