Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Simply Water Level & Auto Fill Circuit
hydrodine Offline

Simply Water Level & Auto Fill Circuit
This is one i have built and used, It is not my design but works well and very easy to build.

Attached File(s)
.pdf  Simply Water Level & Auto Fill.pdf (Size: 19.74 KB / Downloads: 1506)
07-29-2008 11:54 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
buddy Offline

RE: Simply Water Level & Auto Fill Circuit
I would like to make this but I have never made an electronic device before. I went to Radio Shack and the components they had were cheap, about 20 cents for resistors (they had 2 of the 3), a dollar for the diode.

The "SCR", like "D106", they didn't know what it was. Same with the "LM311". I searched the internet and the latter was also about a dollar, couldn't find the former but I would guess it's not much. I guess they all go onto a little board and gets soldered on.

The relay, is this a small board-mount relay? Or a standard automotive relay, in which case wires come off the board to connect to it? Then to "N/C" in the diagram, what is that?

Does anyone sell this already made, like the basic EFIE? (hint: Mike ..)

Thanks,
buddy
08-16-2008 08:39 PM
danpoet Offline

Do you have a switching circuit for multiple generators that would allow individual HHO generators to autofill, and not overfill the others?
I have two, at present.
08-19-2008 03:55 PM
walt2008 Offline

buddy Wrote:I would like to make this but I have never made an electronic device before. I went to Radio Shack and the components they had were cheap, about 20 cents for resistors (they had 2 of the 3), a dollar for the diode.

The "SCR", like "D106", they didn't know what it was. Same with the "LM311". I searched the internet and the latter was also about a dollar, couldn't find the former but I would guess it's not much. I guess they all go onto a little board and gets soldered on.

The relay, is this a small board-mount relay? Or a standard automotive relay, in which case wires come off the board to connect to it? Then to "N/C" in the diagram, what is that?

Does anyone sell this already made, like the basic EFIE? (hint: Mike ..)

Thanks,
buddy

An SCR is a special purpose diode that does not conduct until a voltage is applied to its control lead. Once it starts conducting it continues conducting even if the voltage is reomved from its control lead. It turns off only when the voltage is removed from its cathode or its anode, or the voltage applied to it is reversed.
08-20-2008 04:18 PM
BillFoote Offline

What would happen if the circuit lost it's input voltage? The relay is NC (normally closed), so wouldn't the water pump turn on and stay on if powered by a different source (like 115AC)?
I would like to try this in my HHO system, since the pump would be powered by the same 12V as the circuit and it is a simple circuit as well. I would prefer a normally open relay so a loss of power would turn off the pump.
10-29-2008 12:43 PM
saltmine Offline

Not much of a problem. If you lose power to the relay, chances are, you'll lose power to the pump, too. I built the circuit, unfortunately, LM311 IC's are hard to come by in my neck of the woods (as are a lot of things) I spent several days trying to substitute other op-amps and IC's. Then I found that having a conducting plate in the cell, right next to the sensors wasn't a good idea, anyway. My pump ran continuously, even after the cell was flooded. Lucky for me, the delivery hose is much smaller than the gas hose coming out of the cell, and the electrolyte was just pumped back to the reservoir. Being an "isolated" dry cell, this didn't help gas production. I'm working on a simpler, more "mechanical" auto-fill now. The heart of the system is a magnetic reed switch, and a float with a small magnet inside. This is coupled to a Darlington transistor, which, in turn, operates a N/C relay. Hopefully it will prove to be a bit more rugged and less sensitive to outside influences.
If I think of it, I'll snap some photos...
01-07-2009 07:54 AM
jenyroger Offline

These problem will face only for the power relay the chances are we will lose the power . For this you have to built the services for all these lots of services can be provided and trying to substitute other for conducting for having the plate in a cell, that will right to the sensors . So it can be hopefully to prove these water level which can be have the less sensitive .

gift voucher
06-16-2010 09:12 PM
tareesa Offline

This is your own Designed hydrodine ?

legit work from home business
07-26-2010 11:43 PM
amber24paige Offline

Hoe this two is connected.. please explain in detail.. thanks for hsaring new things here..

I'm passionate movie watcher and recently watched
Step up 3D Free the movie and
2012 movie .
10-08-2010 01:55 AM
Harrison Offline

really nice work . . . you really are a genius .

make money working from home
10-28-2010 12:03 AM