Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Single or Double EFIE?
keenman11 Offline

Question Single or Double EFIE?
Mike, I was going to order a single EFIE, but if I get another car, and it has 2 oxygen sensors I will be stuck with that single EFIE. Right now, my present car only has 1 oxygen sensor. My question is, if I buy a double, can the second connection just sit unconnected? I noticed that you don't have doubles made up right now! How long before I could get one, if I decide to go that route? How often might I find that a car has more than one sensor? If it has one on the exhaust, would it have to be hooked up for the car to get good gas mileage?:question:
01-31-2008 07:56 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

RE: Single or Double EFIE?
Yes, the second connection won't care if it's connected to a sensor or not. 15 Duals just came off the line today. I just haven't updated the quantities in the store yet. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

The sensor(s) downstream from the catalytic converter do not need EFIEs. These just tell the computer when the cat has gone bad, and are not used in the air/fuel adjustments.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
01-31-2008 08:13 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply