Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Slow EFIE
Atom Offline

Slow EFIE
In the morning my EFIE takes over 10 minutes to get up to my set values and on a 20 minute comute I'm losing cost saving time.
In the afternoon it takes only a couple of minutes to get up to set values. I know that it has to do with cool mornings and warm afternoons and the temp of the EFIE. It says in documents that I can change the heater in this, but how will this affect in the afternoon.
07-14-2008 03:11 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
hansintheusa Offline

RE: Slow EFIE
My EFIE does the same thing, right now I got it set to 130mV and in the morning it "starts" at about 115 mV. In the afternoon, or when it's warmed up, it can go up to 137mV. I think this is because of the fact that electronics is always affected more or less by the surrounding temperature. Am I correct Mike?
So it is normal with some fluxuation, I think you can read about that on Mike's page somewhere.

1993 Toyota P/U 22RE (HHO Experiment Rig)
1996 VW Golf (Future Experiment Rig)
1999 Audi A8 (Wife's Car)
1998 Volvo V70 AWD-Project Car...
07-16-2008 12:08 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

RE: Slow EFIE
Yes, the EFIE is temp sensitive. But I've alleviated a lot of that with the current board design. If you're getting a lot of fluctuation due to temp, try setting one of the heater jumpers. This may resolve it for you.

I will be doing a more in depth article on this subject. I'll try to post here when that's done.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
07-22-2008 04:15 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply