Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Smack cell series?
jjw2564 Offline

Smack cell series?
Can a 2 smack cells work in series. The volts get split between the two. So it would be 6.8v per cell. The amps would go down a lot. Would the two in series work if you increase the consentration of the mixture to get the amps back up. Or is there a better way to put to smack cells in one car..
03-19-2009 10:55 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
jbalat Offline

RE: Smack cell series?
The important thing is to have around 2 volts per plate pair...

Treat the 2 plates connected via the 5/16 nut as one plate..

A gen I and II cell is made up of 2 series cells running in parallel (if that makes sense)

If you are trying to put 2 complete smack cells in one car (ie. 4 off 12v Cells) you may run into trouble with amps on the alternator.. You could run one off the alternator and one can be run off an extra battery which is re-charged overnight. It may be possble to split one of the smack cells in half and run 1 full smack cell plus a half smack cell off the alternator.
(This post was last modified: 03-19-2009 07:59 PM by jbalat.)
03-19-2009 07:55 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ptours99 Offline

(03-19-2009 10:55 AM)jjw2564 Wrote:  Can a 2 smack cells work in series. The volts get split between the two. So it would be 6.8v per cell. The amps would go down a lot. Would the two in series work if you increase the consentration of the mixture to get the amps back up. Or is there a better way to put to smack cells in one car..

you can hook up those cells in series and it won't hurt the alt cuz you'll lower amps ,run more efficiently but may make less gas so you might have to kick up the electrylite and use a pwm to adjust.

selling an enclosure for the rear of cab semi truck 28''X20''X6'' CUSTOM MADE ALUMINUM TO HOUSE HHO GENERATORS AND INCLUDING A RESERVOIR BUBBLER AND REGULAR BUBBLR ptoures@sbcglobal.net usa only
03-20-2009 12:13 PM
clickhere255 Offline

Smile RE: Smack cell series?
hi,
i know a good amount in the world of HHO and fuel saving,
but one thing i'm still rusty at is electrical wiring.
it seems like this thread knows what they're talking about so if someone can, give me a hand

i just recieved a B.B. Smack Gen IV dry cell in the mail.
i filled it with electrolyte, and i wired it like i think he has it on his diagram on his site.
im not even getting one amp.
the meter moves slightly up but not even to one.
its definately not my electrolyte mixture, i've tried fiddling with that.
i just dont know how plate designs work to the fullest yet.
if someone could draw me a diagram or edit the picture that is attatched and reposing it, that'd be amazing.

thanks to all

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

92 honda civic hatchback 30-34mpg before install.
Got my BB smack!
just working out the kninks
03-22-2009 02:15 PM
ptours99 Offline

(03-22-2009 02:15 PM)clickhere255 Wrote:  hi,
i know a good amount in the world of HHO and fuel saving,
but one thing i'm still rusty at is electrical wiring.
it seems like this thread knows what they're talking about so if someone can, give me a hand

i just recieved a B.B. Smack Gen IV dry cell in the mail.
i filled it with electrolyte, and i wired it like i think he has it on his diagram on his site.
im not even getting one amp.
the meter moves slightly up but not even to one.
its definately not my electrolyte mixture, i've tried fiddling with that.
i just dont know how plate designs work to the fullest yet.
if someone could draw me a diagram or edit the picture that is attatched and reposing it, that'd be amazing.

thanks to all
i have one also,what is your mix.the wiring is fine,but a unit like this is very efficient so it takes alot longer to heat up.this is why you should start out at 20% by weight for your mix rate.still it'll start out at a slow rate of production so if you drive short trips you'll have to kick it up at your liking.i had the same problem and this is what i had to do .mine starts up at 3-4 amps 3 hrs later it's at 20amp.i will say at start up it produces very well .if you want it to produce quicker remove a neutral from each side of the middle and it will go quicker from start up.

selling an enclosure for the rear of cab semi truck 28''X20''X6'' CUSTOM MADE ALUMINUM TO HOUSE HHO GENERATORS AND INCLUDING A RESERVOIR BUBBLER AND REGULAR BUBBLR ptoures@sbcglobal.net usa only
03-22-2009 02:38 PM