Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
So im starting from scratch and need advice for a system!
hhotiom Offline

Smile So im starting from scratch and need advice for a system!
So I originally purchased a system off ebay. I was not satisfied with the 2 plate system dunked in a mason jar, so i want to make something bigger and more efficient!

I do not have much room to work with under the hood, but i could probably make room if i really needed too.

So here is where i need the advice!

p.s. I have a VW golf 2.0

A.)Do i build a dry cell or a wet cell???

B.)I was thinking about using 10 SS plates. What arrangement of plates produces the most HHO efficiently? And what size plates should i use???(3x6 or 4x4 is what i would like to use to save space)

C.) What should i use for my gaskets? Some say o-rings are better because it gives you more surface area.(Where do i buy these o-rings) or should i just stick with the plumber pads you buy at home depot?

D.) What should i use for my end pieces?? buy a cutting board or Plexiglas?

E.) In terms of electrical i already have o2 extenders but i think i will take them out and will invest in a EFIE... MAF enhancers do not work on my car. so is there any other sort of electrical equipment you recommend?(relays, pwm's, etc...)

F.) What is the best hho electrolyte to use?

Thanks to whoever responds. It is greatly appreciated!!!Smile
01-10-2009 11:03 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
hydrotinkerer Offline

RE: So im starting from scratch and need advice for a system!
1. Dry cells are the way to go. More gas output with less heat and amps.
2. A better setup would be for 13 plates +nnnnn-nnnnn+. Some guys like a 4n setup with 11 plates like +nnnn-nnnn+.
3. The plumbers pack is easier to seal. The o-rings are a more advanced build.
4. I used cutting board on my builds and don't have the problem of cracking. If you just want the looks of acrylic make sure it is thick. Thicker than the 1/4" stuff 1/2" would be really good.
5. An efie from fuel-saver. You need to have you cell hooked to a relay so when the vehicle is off the cell is to.
6. I use Koh(potassium hydroxide)but it is a little harder to find. Some guys use Naoh(sodium hydroxide) which is a little easier to get. I got my Koh from: http://www.aaa-chemicals.com/sodium-hydroxide.html

Here is a link to my 25 plate build: http://www.fuel-saver.org/showthread.php?tid=2421

Hope that all helps some.
(This post was last modified: 01-10-2009 11:51 AM by hydrotinkerer.)
01-10-2009 11:51 AM
DodgeViper Offline

(01-10-2009 11:03 AM)hhotiom Wrote:  So I originally purchased a system off ebay. I was not satisfied with the 2 plate system dunked in a mason jar, so i want to make something bigger and more efficient!

I do not have much room to work with under the hood, but i could probably make room if i really needed too.

A.)Do i build a dry cell or a wet cell??? DRY CELL made of 316L stainless steel

B.)I was thinking about using 10 SS plates. What arrangement of plates produces the most HHO efficiently? And what size plates should i use???(3x6 or 4x4 is what i would like to use to save space) Well typically you want to produce 1 litter per engine litter, but more is not going to hurt. Then your going to have issues whether you can power it up. I think you have alot of research to do before you decide size of cell block...

C.) What should i use for my gaskets? Some say o-rings are better because it gives you more surface area.(Where do i buy these o-rings) or should i just stick with the plumber pads you buy at home depot? Neoprene Gaskets

D.) What should i use for my end pieces?? buy a cutting board or Plexiglas? No To Plexiglas

E.) In terms of electrical i already have o2 extenders but i think i will take them out and will invest in a EFIE... MAF enhancers do not work on my car. so is there any other sort of electrical equipment you recommend?(relays, pwm's, etc...) You need a relay, and a PWM will help control the heat by turning on and off the cell block a number of times per second.

F.) What is the best hho electrolyte to use? Potassium Hydroxide

I would read, read, and read....

[Image: HHO%20Drawing111.png]

[Image: Hydrogen%20Powered.jpg]
2002 Dodge Quad Cab 4x4 Ram
4.7L EFI
(This post was last modified: 01-11-2009 04:48 AM by DodgeViper.)
01-10-2009 11:55 AM
mattsauto Offline

(01-10-2009 11:03 AM)hhotiom Wrote:  So I originally purchased a system off ebay. I was not satisfied with the 2 plate system dunked in a mason jar, so i want to make something bigger and more efficient!

B.)I was thinking about using 10 SS plates. What arrangement of plates produces the most HHO efficiently? And what size plates should i use???(3x6 or 4x4 is what i would like to use to save space)

C.) What should i use for my gaskets? Some say o-rings are better because it gives you more surface area.(Where do i buy these o-rings) or should i just stick with the plumber pads you buy at home depot?

E.) In terms of electrical i already have o2 extenders but i think i will take them out and will invest in a EFIE... MAF enhancers do not work on my car. so is there any other sort of electrical equipment you recommend?(relays, pwm's, etc...)

Space for the GEN on ANY 2000 & up VW is an issue

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

(This post was last modified: 01-10-2009 12:18 PM by mattsauto.)
01-10-2009 12:16 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
abe Offline

(01-10-2009 12:16 PM)mattsauto Wrote:  

Space for the GEN on ANY 2000 & up VW is an issue

I would sugest you go to http://www.youtube.com/user/eletrikride He has more info than you can get anywhere else and it free you cant beat that . Good luck and have fun.
01-10-2009 07:56 PM
Zipstor Offline

Check out that waterboxx I just posted.

>> http://brownsgas.com
01-15-2009 04:48 AM
JET USA Offline

Hi. Lots of good advice here. Ive been working on stuff since May 2008 so I know about
some of this by way of "Univ. of Hard Knocks" trial and error. It is lots of fun though.
I still plan to build the dry cell. I like that new design by "Smack", but I think I will make it
with a recirculation reservoir hose system, similar to the "sid" cell. Contrary to the advice
of smack, I think I will use small circulation holes at the bottom for the water and use a flooded cell.

He also is using pvc clear soft strip curtain plastic for gaskets. I just havent found a supply for that yet.
I did find neoprene 1/8 th inch rubber at Tacoma Wa. at Paramount Supply. [an industrial plumbing co]
best regards. JT

My site is http://waterworks4fuel.com/pictures.html

http://Jet-USA.com
"Those who say" " It cannot be done"
"should get out of the way of those who are doing it"[/size][/align]
(This post was last modified: 01-17-2009 10:26 AM by JET USA.)
01-17-2009 10:25 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply