Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
So what are the risks?
wboggs Offline

So what are the risks?
OK, so I'm pretty well versed after spending many a night surfing videos, blogs and informational sites but seldom does anybody speak of downfalls. I read somewhere that pistons burned out under an HHO Generator use and tubes collapsing with another user. Can anyone be through and share what the risks are to the engine of a car with an HHO Generator?

Further, some people slap a Mason Jar with a few plate in it under the hood with one tube going straight to the vacuum line and are very excited about the results; others seem to have about as much electrical equipment in their passenger compartment as a 747, what’s with that?

My situation is a fixed income, a recent car replacement (used but a great one) so tearing up an engine would be a disaster to me economically; yes a bigger disaster than the rising cost of gas. SO I would really appreciate someone with a good deal of experience (good and bad) giving me a heads up. My system is built in a 4" PVC pipe (as typically seen) about 8 1/2 inches deep with 12 SS plates totaling about 375 square inches of active surface spaced at ¼ inch and I will be using a using a bubblier. The plan is to connect this configuration right to the vacuum line and hopefully save gas and not destroy an engine.

How am I doing so far? LOL Any input, warnings, recommendations?
05-19-2008 07:41 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
wulfram Offline
Hauptmann Hydro

RE: So what are the risks?
wboggs Wrote:Further, some people slap a Mason Jar with a few plate in it under the hood with one tube going straight to the vacuum line and are very excited about the results

Well Tongue to you.

Laugh
05-19-2008 07:47 PM
wboggs Offline

wulfram Wrote:
wboggs Wrote:Further, some people slap a Mason Jar with a few plate in it under the hood with one tube going straight to the vacuum line and are very excited about the results

Well Tongue to you.

Laugh

I'm confused, what's with the nasty looking reply? Should I assume you took offense to that sentence? I cant imagine why, it's merely an example of how simple a unit can produce good results; no need to get nasty.

Now can anybody share some experience with me? And please dont look for ways to be offended by my inquiring post.
05-19-2008 07:56 PM
bandit354 Offline

Your in the right direction I use pvc my self had a couple of meltdowns to much heat, but now have that under control. Everything I have in my system is homemade except for the efie. Generator, flashback arrestor, and bubbler are all homemade. I inject my hho before the maf some people like to go right before the throttle body, I did both and did not see any major changes were it was at same results either way. Use a relay and a circuit breaker, breaker is about $1.50 and you won't have to be replacing fuses all the time.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

05-19-2008 08:44 PM
wboggs Offline

bandit354 Wrote:Your in the right direction I use pvc my self had a couple of meltdowns to much heat, but now have that under control. Everything I have in my system is homemade except for the efie. Generator, flashback arrestor, and bubbler are all homemade. I inject my hho before the maf some people like to go right before the throttle body, I did both and did not see any major changes were it was at same results either way. Use a relay and a circuit breaker, breaker is about $1.50 and you won't have to be replacing fuses all the time.

What did you do to get the heat production under control?

Is the "efie" necessary? Can you run without that (and I assume that is the device that tells the fuel injectors how rich/lean to run).
05-19-2008 08:54 PM
wulfram Offline
Hauptmann Hydro

wboggs Wrote:Any input, warnings, recommendations?

Input: Take a deep breath and relax a little.

Warnings: Don't over-lean your gasoline mixture if you use an EFIE. I've read and heard of people over-heating their valves doing this.
Have a water-trap if you are afraid of getting water in your engine.
Mix enough oxygen in with your H2. The Electrolysis produced Hydrogen and oxygen is presently mixed in with this in open air space in the container (hence, HHO instead of just H2). If you don't mix enough oxygen in with the h2 before it goes into your engine, the intense burning temp of the H2 could kill your pistons. You should have an air return valve for this.

Recommendations: Penny pinch a little more for a while, sell some unnecessary stuff laying around your house - on ebay. And buy yourself a really cheap, old, used car that runs. Use this cheap car as your HHO vehicle and Hydrogen the Hellsinki out of it! Use this car as your runner car - to take all those long trips and frequent trips. By the time it blows up, you'd have saved enough in gas money to afford another one plus count what's left over.
05-20-2008 08:04 AM
wboggs Offline

wulfram Wrote:Warnings: Don't over-lean your gasoline mixture if you use an EFIE. I've read and heard of people over-heating their valves doing this.

You should have an air return valve for this.

I wont be using an EFIE unit (at least in the beginning) and understand that over lean means damage.

The air return valve; I plan to inject the HHO via the vacuum line, doesnt the air intake of the engine add enough air/oxygen to the mixture?

And what is am air return valve? How would I make/install one?
05-20-2008 08:18 AM
wulfram Offline
Hauptmann Hydro

wboggs Wrote:The air return valve; I plan to inject the HHO via the vacuum line, doesnt the air intake of the engine add enough air/oxygen to the mixture?

And what is am air return valve? How would I make/install one?

The air return valve (vacuum adjustment valve by some) is a dripper valve knob (or any other adjustable valve that allows oxygen back into the water as air is being sucked out of the container by the vacuum) that you mount in the generator.
Just drill a hole in the top of your generator, attatch the vlave and run a hose from the inside of it underneath the water level.
05-20-2008 08:53 AM
bandit354 Offline

I controlled my heat by running my cold amps down to 3amps which when warmed up is between 8-10amps which is about were I get my best results. Water temp is a 130 degrees, as for using vacuum to inject your hho could be ok or could not be ok, as water under pressure has a higher boiling point and water under vacuum has a lower boiling point so if you are pulling alot of vacuum through your generator your boiling point can go from 212 to as low as 190 degrees you will be getting hho and water vapor in the for of steam.
05-20-2008 07:11 PM