Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Soft flashing the ECU
Alttech Offline

Soft flashing the ECU
Here is a link to Alabama Hybrids website, specifically the page on their DSF, or soft flashing. http://www.burningwater4fuel.com/Oxygen%...%20Gas.htm
Has anyone tried this? I know the supertuner works for reflashing the ECU so you don't need any modifications to the sensors, but it is $700 plus you also have to purchase vehicle specific programs. This is only $99.00, seems cheap and easy enough. I did a search on this forum and didn't find any reference to past posts. I am going to try it, but would like some feedback if anyone else has heard of it, or tried it.
05-13-2009 05:03 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
colchiro Offline

RE: Soft flashing the ECU
Interesting, but I'd want more info, like pics or a installation manual before parting with the $100. This reminds me of the so called "chip", which was a resistor that replaced the IAT sensor.Hmm

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
05-13-2009 01:19 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Alttech Offline

I've heard of that scam also.
I'll let you know what I find out.
05-14-2009 04:08 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
colchiro Offline

Pics would be nice...Smile

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
05-14-2009 12:51 PM
John Sargent Offline

(05-14-2009 12:51 PM)colchiro Wrote:  Pics would be nice...Smile

Rick, what is your take on this? Does this "soft flashing" really replace efies and other stuff? Do you think this would really work? Thanks, John Sargent
05-15-2009 02:15 PM
colchiro Offline

I have my doubts. My expectation would be that it would take a lot of tuning to get it right (but so do other thingsHmm ), then what do you do if you turn your cell off?

I guess I don't expect much for $99 when $25 gets you the "power chip" I mentioned above, which was a 10 cent resistor.

Rick

05-15-2009 02:32 PM
Alttech Offline

Actually, if they only targeted the AFR ratio, it would be quite simple. Instead of 14.7, set it to 18 or 20, the ECU to keep it at that ratio. This is currently being done with the high end mapping software, but it's not cheap.
I also question about what happens when the cell is off, but what happens with all the other mods, IAT, ECT, etc. The EFIE is simple one to shut off.
sorry, I hit send before I was done. The ECU would work to keep it at that ratio, no matter what the other sensors were feeding back.
(This post was last modified: 05-15-2009 02:44 PM by Alttech.)
05-15-2009 02:43 PM
biggy boy Offline

Hi Alttech!

Any updates on this soft patch DSF unit.
Did you get one?
I have been reading about them and see they are on sale right now for $59.99 at the manufactures site.

http://yhst-19807630266082.stores.yahoo....--fs1.html

2001 GMC Sierra 4.8
08-11-2009 07:32 PM