Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Some positive news at last!
Daws Offline

Some positive news at last!
Hi, After 5 months of trial and error with my smack booster (in the UK) I am finally seeing some results. Only 10% mpg increase mind, but it's a start. My input pipe is now at the PCV pipe, which seems to have gleaned this result. My car is a Peugeot 406 1.9 TD 1996 model, no engine management sensors, I run at 6 amps cold (12 when warmed up), no more foaming. I plan on trying the input nearer the turbo, I am told this is the best place to go. I got absolutely no results going to the air filter. I have a pwm on order too.

Daws
(This post was last modified: 11-25-2008 02:28 PM by colchiro.)
11-25-2008 01:15 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
thomasbala Offline

RE: Some positive news at last!
Daws Wrote:Hi, After 5 months of trial and error with my smack booster (in the UK) I am finally seeing some results. Only 10% mpg increase mind, but it's a start. My input pipe is now at the PCV pipe, which seems to have gleaned this result. My car is a Peugeot 406 1.9 TD 1996 model, no engine management sensors, I run at 6 amps cold (12 when warmed up), no more foaming. I plan on trying the input nearer the turbo, I am told this is the best place to go. I got absolutely no results going to the air filter. I have a pwm on order too.

Daws
5 months; now, that's what I call perseverance. Congradulations & try more HHO.
11-25-2008 03:05 PM
hydrotinkerer Offline

On a diesel more gas is better. How much gas does your gen. put out?
11-25-2008 06:33 PM
Daws Offline

Hello again, I not measured my output yet, but since the above post I have upped the amps to 10 amps cold, peeks at 12 (not got pwm yet,on order) but this has increased my mpg from 40 mpg to 55mpg!!! A 38% increase - I am gob smacked!! I will try upping the ampage, but early days I had loads of trouble with amps running away and foaming etc.

Will keep posted!!

DawsSmile
11-26-2008 01:01 PM
thomasbala Offline

Daws Wrote:Hello again, I not measured my output yet, but since the above post I have upped the amps to 10 amps cold, peeks at 12 (not got pwm yet,on order) but this has increased my mpg from 40 mpg to 55mpg!!! A 38% increase - I am gob smacked!! I will try upping the ampage, but early days I had loads of trouble with amps running away and foaming etc.

Will keep posted!!

DawsSmile
Congrats again. The formula is prettie simple: sufficient HHO + EFIE = mpg gain. In your case it's even easier; you don't need an EFIE. Watch those amps [fire hazard]; try to stay under 22 A.
11-26-2008 02:07 PM
Daws Offline

Hi, My unit after it's first long journey yesterday (approx) 1.5 hrs was foaming again. It was drawing 13 amps and did not feel particulary hot to touch. It's been fine all week with 0.5 hr journeys. Is it possibly a heat problem, or maybe I just put fresh electrolyte in?

Daws
11-29-2008 01:51 AM
benny Offline

Daws Wrote:Hi, My unit after it's first long journey yesterday (approx) 1.5 hrs was foaming again. It was drawing 13 amps and did not feel particulary hot to touch. It's been fine all week with 0.5 hr journeys. Is it possibly a heat problem, or maybe I just put fresh electrolyte in?

Daws

If the foam is not causing you any problems, ie getting into HHO lines, etc, I would ignore it meantime and see if it calms down by itself.
11-29-2008 03:30 AM
Daws Offline

Hi Benny, the foam eventually passes my first bubbler and begins filling my 2nd bubbler (which I run empty to start with for this reason). I usually spot it in time before it fills that or I reckon when full it would creep down my inlet pipe. After a night's parking when system is cold again it doesn't foam. Also, please see my other thread on 'inconsistent results' if you don't mind.

Daws
11-29-2008 12:41 PM