Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Splitting the gas
hhodrycleaner Offline

Splitting the gas
Maybe this has been discussed. but has anyone tried to split the gas
Since part of the problem is too much O2 why not just have the neg side of the generator which would be the Hydrogen side just be shot into the fuel intake system instead of both gases. I wonder how the O2 sensor would read that

Has anyone tried this is?

Thanks
Dave
05-29-2008 02:47 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ghahai ghato Offline

RE: Splitting the gas
hhodrycleaner Wrote:Maybe this has been discussed. but has anyone tried to split the gas
Since part of the problem is too much O2 why not just have the neg side of the generator which would be the Hydrogen side just be shot into the fuel intake system instead of both gases. I wonder how the O2 sensor would read that

Has anyone tried this is?

Me me me....Shy
Yes, I have done that and the result is positive... my usual 16.3km/l went up to 18.5km/l (highway).
I still need to run more test to prove this result. I've since been figuring out a better H2 unit that pumps lots of gas...
Currently running a Smack system with an O2 scrubber/ absorber (bubbler with water and rusty nails) which I don't think is working...
Tongue
05-29-2008 04:50 AM
jasonporter181 Offline

How do you accomplish the spliting? Seperate chambers?
05-29-2008 06:48 AM
ghahai ghato Offline

jasonporter181 Wrote:How do you accomplish the spliting? Seperate chambers?

Yes... that was my 1st attempt. Splitting the chamber into 2 seperate parts was relatively tricky and single cell don't produce much gas.... not to mention the heat it generates...Hmm That unit is in the trash so
I'm working on an upgrade. Everything is in drawing at the moment and it would take some time to get it into production...
My whole idea is to produce a HHO unit that is reliable, easy and cheap.
05-29-2008 10:32 PM
hhodrycleaner Offline

My main point in the question of splitting was
will the lack of the O2 going into the air mix
not mess up the o2 sensor or the map or maf

Thanks
Dave
05-30-2008 05:32 AM
HerronPerformance Offline

FYI-the only sensor affected by the introduction of HHO is the O2, the MAP/MAF are not affected, people are altering them to help but the only real sensor that is an issue is O2.
hhodrycleaner Wrote:My main point in the question of splitting was
will the lack of the O2 going into the air mix
not mess up the o2 sensor or the map or maf

http://www.herronperformance.com
05-30-2008 05:37 AM
wpvk818 Offline

From everything thing I read about HHO, splitting the gas would be counterproductive. HHO contains twice as much energy as pure hydrogen. Pure hydrogen is also less chemically stable and more prone to spontaneous ignition, therefore making it more dangerous as well. The added oxygen from HHO combines with your gasoline molecules, creating more octane. The hydrogen element provides the combustion assistance with it's high temperature flash point...thus vaporizing the fuel more completely. IMO It's more worthwhile to fool the o2 sensor into letting you use HHO instead of splitting the gases.
06-05-2008 05:19 AM
rpatzer Offline

Even if you could remove all extra O2 from the HHO formula, you would still be producing more O2 from the leaner burn gas mix. Gas combustion by itself doesn't produce O2, it is a hydrocarbon. With more gas burned, that leaves the O2 from the air intake left. Hondas Insight corrected their excessive O2 by adding an additional cat just to handle the extra NOX being produced by the extra O2. Their ratio was closer to 20:1.
06-05-2008 06:49 AM