Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Squelch the FEAR
mgmrick Offline

Squelch the FEAR
The biggest doubters I am running into is the fear of damage to their engine

How about some users posting how long they have been running with out damage to engine.

Input from guys in the know as to why this is even better for the engine would be a plus.

I am new to this but been running 2 weeks about 500 miles and my engine never sounded so good.

Thanks
Rick
06-27-2008 09:48 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
jksav7 Offline

RE: Squelch the FEAR
Been running hydroxy off and on for the last 4 months or so in two different vehicles. Probably logged at least a few thousand miles with it.

I have been driving the pickup more lately (testing it), so I've run 1500 miles (all with hydroxy) since the last oil change. I pulled the dipstick the other day, expecting the oil to look quite dark. Normally it is quite dark by 1500 miles, but this time it is still clear. There is enough pollution in it to tell it's not fresh from the bottle, but it's still very clear enough so that I can easily read the hash marks on the dipstick, even though the oil is coating it.

As long as there is a bubbler inline to scrub the hydroxy of any potential caustic fumes then there definitely won't be any problems.

Wulfram, a member here, is running the hydroxy without a bubbler. He's put quite a few miles on his Probe that way. He hasn't reported any problems of any kind. The only problem is that he's making the rest of us jeolous with his 70+ mpg.
(This post was last modified: 06-27-2008 10:41 PM by jksav7.)
06-27-2008 10:40 PM
ricker1078 Offline

jksav7 Wrote:Been running hydroxy off and on for the last 4 months or so in two different vehicles. Probably logged at least a few thousand miles with it.

I have been driving the pickup more lately (testing it), so I've run 1500 miles (all with hydroxy) since the last oil change. I pulled the dipstick the other day, expecting the oil to look quite dark. Normally it is quite dark by 1500 miles, but this time it is still clear. There is enough pollution in it to tell it's not fresh from the bottle, but it's still very clear enough so that I can easily read the hash marks on the dipstick, even though the oil is coating it.

As long as there is a bubbler inline to scrub the hydroxy of any potential caustic fumes then there definitely won't be any problems.

Wulfram, a member here, is running the hydroxy without a bubbler. He's put quite a few miles on his Probe that way. He hasn't reported any problems of any kind. The only problem is that he's making the rest of us jeolous with his 70+ mpg.
Been running for 4 months engine runs smoother and have more power, no problems at all as of yet.
(This post was last modified: 06-28-2008 12:06 AM by ricker1078.)
06-28-2008 12:05 AM
steelerfan89 Offline

They will run out of fear when a gallon of gas climbs over 5 later this year and they can no longer afford to run their car on gasoline alone.
06-28-2008 04:30 AM
mgmrick Offline

Yeh that 5 dollars per does not seem to far away

Keep the posts coming

Thanks
Rick
06-28-2008 04:32 AM
rebel Offline

Been running HOD since October 24, 2006 with various hydrogen generators. No problems except when I had a runaway condition and the electrolyte started to boil and the electrolyte and other crud got into the air intake. Engine stalled, but got it running again by disconnecting the HOD. Did not have a bubbler as it was a purchased unit, with no mention of bubblers required.

Had a mechanic clean the MAF sensor and throttle body of a brown yellowish deposit. No harm to the engine and since then ( about 9600 miles) I have been running a bubbler which scrubs any contaminents from the hydrogen and acts as a flashback preventer. Recently added a condensator to trap any water, etc.
06-28-2008 05:00 AM
steelerfan89 Offline

rebel Wrote:Been running HOD since October 24, 2006 with various hydrogen generators. No problems except when I had a runaway condition and the electrolyte started to boil and the electrolyte and other crud got into the air intake. Engine stalled, but got it running again by disconnecting the HOD. Did not have a bubbler as it was a purchased unit, with no mention of bubblers required.

Had a mechanic clean the MAF sensor and throttle body of a brown yellowish deposit. No harm to the engine and since then ( about 9600 miles) I have been running a bubbler which scrubs any contaminents from the hydrogen and acts as a flashback preventer. Recently added a condensator to trap any water, etc.

More info on that condensator would be nice. I was trying to think of something like that as well. I also thought about adding a valve in line so I could drain any water that condensates in the line
06-28-2008 05:29 AM
mgmrick Offline

Speaking of water....I hooked up my lines wrong early on....Yeh sucked my quart of bubbler water into my intake. Ran rough when it sucked in the water only took a minute to do it driving down the road. Fixed my mistake but I have not noticed any problem from doing it

Rick
06-28-2008 05:36 AM
colchiro Offline

I'm over my planned 10k miles on my first synthetic oil change. Since I use E85, I wanted to run an oil analysis to see how it's doing. I've had some juice sucked into my engine on more than one occasion and expecting to see koh show up on the analysis too.Hmm

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
06-28-2008 05:43 AM
rebel Offline

To check out Cheap and Easy Bubbler and Condensator CLICK HERE

Scroll down to the second post which shows a cheapy way of making a bubbler and condensator. It should give people some ideas of their own to come up with something more substantial......
Cheers....

More info on that condensator would be nice. I was trying to think of something like that as well. I also thought about adding a valve in line so I could drain any water that condensates in the line
[/quote]
06-28-2008 07:12 AM