Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Standalone Gasoline Generators + HHO
amos33 Offline

Standalone Gasoline Generators + HHO
Champion 1800 Watt Connected to my stand alone portable HHO System improves efficiencies of the Generator. This generator is rated at 1400 Watts continuous. It is a 4 stroke engine 80cc with 1.5 gallon tank. It runs for 10 hours with 50% load on 1.5 gallons of gasoline.

Some Early Results:
Adding a Tachometer shows when open loop it runs at 1800 RPMs but when I add 1.5 lpm of HHO to the Air Intake filter housing it drops to 900 RPM yielding a 50% decrease in RPMs with a 240 watt load. Other words it needs only 900 RPMs to do what normally would require 1800 RPMs thus saving you $Money.

My goal is to make the generator 90% efficient running on gasoline and HHO and I believe I can accomplish this with 3 LPM of HHO. I am not interested in running it on HHO only , that would be counter productive.

Any advice or info will be welcomed.

I am a Christian
02-17-2013 12:00 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

RE: Standalone Gasoline Generators + HHO
For experimentation purposes, I would get a constant current PWM. That way you can experiment with different amounts of HHO to see which amount works best with that engine.

In my experience, after a certain amount of HHO, more HHO doesn't improve the mileage better... I don't want to reduce your enthusiasm for doing the test you have outlined, but in theory, you should get diminishing returns as you add more HHO after you find the sweet spot.

The theory on that is covered here: http://www.fuelsaver-mpg.com/how-much-hho-should-i-use . But if your experiments give conflicting data, please let us know. A simple engine like you are working with may be quite different from the cars and trucks that this data is based on.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
(This post was last modified: 02-18-2013 10:24 AM by mike.)
02-18-2013 10:23 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
amos33 Offline

RE: Standalone Gasoline Generators + HHO
You are correct Mike, I will now reduce the HHO and re test. I have different sizes of mobile HHO systems that I can employ. I don't want to use a PWM although I do understand its benefits. I am testing the effects of using HHO as an additive on constant RPM combustion engines which directly translates to vehicles at highway speeds in cruise control.

Will post more later ...

I am a Christian
07-26-2013 08:37 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply