Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Storing Reserve HHO?
Bilbo41 Offline

Question Storing Reserve HHO?
Can HHO be stored and is it stable, or will it revert to H2O?

Does anyone have any data on this question?
(This post was last modified: 06-08-2008 06:28 AM by Bilbo41.)
06-08-2008 06:28 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
jksav7 Offline

RE: Storing Reserve HHO?
I don't have any data except that it's been advised over and over again to not store hydroxy gas. It is a very explosive accident waiting to happen if something goes wrong.

Bilbo41 Wrote:Can HHO be stored and is it stable, or will it revert to H2O?

06-08-2008 07:47 AM
Bilbo41 Offline

I have a DOT Approved vessel that is rated to 140 psi, however I do not need to presurise it to over 90 psig. I will be regulating the pressure to the Manafold.

Any thoughts?

jksav7 Wrote:I don't have any data except that it's been advised over and over again to not store hydroxy gas. It is a very explosive accident waiting to happen if something goes wrong.

Bilbo41 Wrote:Can HHO be stored and is it stable, or will it revert to H2O?

06-08-2008 08:01 AM
jksav7 Offline

It's beyond my realm of experience. Perhaps someone else will comment.

Bilbo41 Wrote:I have a DOT Approved vessel that is rated to 140 psi, however I do not need to presurise it to over 90 psig. I will be regulating the pressure to the Manafold.

Any thoughts?
06-08-2008 10:35 AM
Ryf Offline

jksav7 Wrote:It's beyond my realm of experience. Perhaps someone else will comment.

Bilbo41 Wrote:I have a DOT Approved vessel that is rated to 140 psi, however I do not need to presurise it to over 90 psig. I will be regulating the pressure to the Manafold.

Any thoughts?

just any old DOT compressed air container isn't going to cut it. (I assume you mean a tank of a tractor trailer/dump truck/air ride kit) I drive a big rig, Hydrogen forms are a Hazmat, you need to look at how they transport that, and what volumes are acceptable. I doubt many cops would write you a ticket for using a compressed air cylinder for it because most people don't know enough about engines to know what your doing anyway...

that said, if you get pulled over with too big a container and get caught thats a big ticket since you are carrying a hazmat without permits or certs. that could mean a big fine, and depending on where you get caught (parking garage, for instance) you could wind up with any number of charges if you have the wrong attitude and piss the cop off or act like your guilty.

that said, the likelyhood of getting caught is slim. I wouldn't put it in your trunk/inside the seating area, and I would inspect it for dents and rust every time you do an change, a leak here could make you go boom.
06-08-2008 11:07 AM
AlexR Offline

The gas is not something you want to store. Especially under pressure. This is something much different than say a propane tank for example. A propane tank will not explode if there is a spark inside because there is no oxygen to support combustion/explosion. The gas you are making has hydrogen and oxygen in it. It's a bomb waiting to explode. Don't do it. Any static in the tank could ignite the gas and because it has oxygen in it - it's ready to burn.

Ask yourself - is that risk really worth it?

Alex

Alex

Cool Flame, LLC
http://www.cool-flame.com
06-09-2008 05:37 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Bilbo41 Offline

Big Grin RE: Storing Reserve HHO?
AlexR Wrote:The gas is not something you want to store. Especially under pressure. This is something much different than say a propane tank for example. A propane tank will not explode if there is a spark inside because there is no oxygen to support combustion/explosion. The gas you are making has hydrogen and oxygen in it. It's a bomb waiting to explode. Don't do it. Any static in the tank could ignite the gas and because it has oxygen in it - it's ready to burn.

Ask yourself - is that risk really worth it?

Alex

Thank You for the concern. Seeing as this is a disaster waiting to happen, I am modifying the Generator to pure electrolysis, venting the O2 and collecting ONLY the Hydrogen to use as the fuel that will be stored.

I will be venting the O2 via a single switch T.L.I., and using a 5 switch T.L.I. for the PWM controlling the generator. The tank I will be storing the H in is a Motor Home 60 pound propsne tank with the pressure vent piped clear of the vehicle.

As I will be using pure H, this shouldent mess up the engine computer as much nor require as much compensation.

I will let You know the results when I get all the parts, build and begin testing.

Again, thanks ALL for Your concerns and warnings.
06-09-2008 05:58 AM
Tom Offline
Gas guzzler

I guess if you want to store a lot of gas in a relatively small area (like a gas container) then you have to do it in its liquid form. Just like at propane. If it is not in liquid form, then not too much gas can be stored.

BTW HHO is stored in liquid form... Smile Yes, in the water container.
You may want to put a 20 gallons water tank in the car, put a pump in it and lead a hose to an efficient HHO-generator. That's safe. There will be no cop who would annoy you because of it.
(This post was last modified: 06-09-2008 06:09 AM by Tom.)
06-09-2008 06:08 AM