Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Success Ford Van 1997 V-10
HerronPerformance Offline

RE: Success Ford Van 1997 V-10
SHOULD!
I am testing this theory on a Caravan next week, once my EFIE gets in and I can hook it up.
But that is what we have seen on the GM cars when telling the VCM that the stoich mVs for the O2s is in the .35x range...
wrench Wrote:
HerronPerformance Wrote:I actually would do the O2 thing first...I can bet that is a 10%+ better MPG instantly, dial in about .100-.125 to begin with....

I hope I read this correctly,
Can I just add a efie to my 2000 ford expedition 4.6L and I should see a increase in mileage ?

http://www.herronperformance.com
05-31-2008 08:09 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Atfab Offline

Atfab Wrote:[quote=KS Silverado]
From what you're saying, tt sounds to me like TOO MUCH tweaking could easily happen. Can you suggest a different approach? Or I should proceed and just be careful... I really don't want to screw up the timing, or run too lean for too long and burn up the motor, I CANNOT afford that. What about only messing with 2 sensors: MAF and O2. What do you think of that? Do you see a potential for mistakes? As I see it, if I go adjusting these sensors, and I take it too far, then (like you said) the knock sensors will take over, and the ECU will go to open loop. Then I can start over at stock, and remember to not adjust that far again.

Yes, a little is better. For the IAT, get the service info for the IAT, there should be a chart that gives the approximate ohms for temp (I believe higher temp = lower resistence for GM, it is best to take a temp reading and then measure the IAT's ohms). Do not replace the sensor, rather just add a resistor in parallel that lowers the resistance to equal a 10 to 20 deg higher temp reading. To figure the correct resistance; IAT ohms divided by "some ohms" = desired ohms.
For the lazy, like me, put a 1K pot across the sensor, use the center and one other leg. Put an ohmmeter across this, adjust the pot to the desired value, Don't turn the pot again. disconnect the pot and read the ohms between the to legs you used. Go get a resistor as close to that value. A slightly higher value is OK, that is toward a lower temp, Do not us a value lower than the pot.

For the MAF or MAP on most cars you want to lower the voltage of the sensor output. For most cars, you do not want to touch the input or output voltage directly. First connect a voltmeter to ground and the sensor output. Drive the car normal, hard acceleration and highway, note the normal voltage swings and idle volts. Cut the sensor GROUND wire, place a 25 to 100 ohm pot in series. Adjust the pot to around 0.2 volts lower at idle Start and drive the car, normal, hard acceleration and highway. Make adjustments lower in SMALL amounts until there is a performance issue or the car won't start. (some won't start at all, especially on the MAP) Adjust the pot back up to acceptable performance.

atfab

Damn, I must have been in a hurry, to find the total resistance of 2 resistors in parallel is; R1 times R2, divided by R1 + R2.
atfab[/b]

Atfab
99 S-10 Pickup 2.2L auto, Std cab, Short bed, Alum cap
Stock, Ave. 25.5 MPH
05-31-2008 03:41 PM
rcbondsr Offline

I recommend the SmacksBoosters - little money and good output

I got about 7.6 on my 460 and bumped to 10.1 with gas additives.

Smack goes in next week, expect about 15 but time will tell.

rcb

Fatman1 Wrote:Zeek you beat me too it LOL
what kind of lpm and amps you seeing?
Im try to figuge out what kind of setup I need for a 84 1 ton ford with 460 motor
ThanksSmile
05-31-2008 06:23 PM