Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Suggestions for improving hho efficiency?
jsherk Offline

Suggestions for improving hho efficiency?
I just installed a home made mason jar (water4gas design) hho device on my vehicle with an EFIE from fuel-saver on my 2006 Chrysler Town & Country mini-van. There appears to be lots of hho being produced, and there is good suction from the vacuum line. The vacuum line I am using the one attached to the cruise control.

After driving from PA down to FL I really did not notice any mileage improvements. I compared no HHO mileage to HHO mileage with the EFIE turned off, with the EFIE set to 30 millivolts and with EFIE set to 125 millivolts and there was no measurable difference that I could see. When I set the EFIE to 200 millivolts the Check Engine light came on and it went into Open Loop.

What I did notice though, using my Scangauge (with EFIE off), is that there is only about a 20 to 30 millivolt drop in the O2 sensor readings. This means that there is a little bit of HHO being produced but not enough to make any difference in mileage and not enough to even make the EFIE necessary.

QUESTION #1:
Is there a difference with which vacuum line you use, or the location that the vacuum line is attached to?

QUESTION #2:
How can you determine if the mason jar is leaking or not?

Thanks
05-18-2009 04:43 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
thomasbala Offline

RE: Suggestions for improving hho efficiency?
(05-18-2009 04:43 PM)jsherk Wrote:  I just installed a home made mason jar (water4gas design) hho device on my vehicle with an EFIE from fuel-saver on my 2006 Chrysler Town & Country mini-van. There appears to be lots of hho being produced, and there is good suction from the vacuum line. The vacuum line I am using the one attached to the cruise control.

After driving from PA down to FL I really did not notice any mileage improvements. I compared no HHO mileage to HHO mileage with the EFIE turned off, with the EFIE set to 30 millivolts and with EFIE set to 125 millivolts and there was no measurable difference that I could see. When I set the EFIE to 200 millivolts the Check Engine light came on and it went into Open Loop.

What I did notice though, using my Scangauge (with EFIE off), is that there is only about a 20 to 30 millivolt drop in the O2 sensor readings. This means that there is a little bit of HHO being produced but not enough to make any difference in mileage and not enough to even make the EFIE necessary.

QUESTION #1:
Is there a difference with which vacuum line you use, or the location that the vacuum line is attached to?

QUESTION #2:
How can you determine if the mason jar is leaking or not?

Thanks

Most will agree that HHO should not be attached to a vacuum line. The appropriate connection is somewhere in the air plenum (the plastic box, tube, whatever, that starts at the iar intake and ends at the throttle body).
What's your HHO output? I like 1 lpm per liter of engine displacement; some say 1 lpm per 2 liters of engine displacement. The mason jar concept is good to learn on but you need to move up to dry cells to really get in the game. HHO is no longer a novice shade tree mechanic endeavor. We've come a long way in a relatively short period of time. Your analysis is correct: insufficient HHO. Don't fall for the pseudo-scientist BS: "all you need is a pinch of HHO". you need a bunch; the more the better. I've never seen a case where too much HHo decreased mpg. Good luck; keep us posted with your progress. No matter what you run into there's probably someone on this board that had the same problem and solved it.
05-19-2009 03:28 PM
jsherk Offline

Thanks for your reply thomasbala...

So what I get from your reply is that I might theoretically see improvements by moving the hho to the air plenum. I assume that closer to the throttle body would be better?

I am not a mechanic so I don't even know what those terms mean yet (air plenum and throttle body), but I will figure it out.

Thanks
05-19-2009 03:43 PM
thomasbala Offline

(05-19-2009 03:43 PM)jsherk Wrote:  Thanks for your reply thomasbala...

So what I get from your reply is that I might theoretically see improvements by moving the hho to the air plenum. I assume that closer to the throttle body would be better?

I am not a mechanic so I don't even know what those terms mean yet (air plenum and throttle body), but I will figure it out.

Thanks
You're right again. To find the intake plenum first find the air filter and follow it through the plastic maze of boxes or tubes until it gets to the engine. there's usually a rubber gasket or hose about 4" in diamet held on with a hose clamp ehich connects it to the throttle body. Sounds like you'r egoing to make this work one way or another so you might as well spring for a Haynes manual at Autozone or o'reilley's, or if you're not in a hurry check out Amazon for a used copy. Your real problemis not enough HHO. hope you're not usung baking soda. I'm going to PM you with a good electrolyte you can buy at Wal-Mart that's cheap, works well and isn't too dangerous.
05-19-2009 10:36 PM
jsherk Offline

Yes I am using baking soda. I will try your other elctrolyte solution and see what happens.

And yes, I do have the correct EFIE for my vehicle.

Thanks a lot!!!
05-20-2009 04:46 AM
hydroxmobile Offline

For improvements, write to us at enquiry@hydroxmobile.com

Please goto see the products at http://www.hydroxmobile.com
05-21-2009 09:11 PM
willits18 Offline

You may have to let the system run for a while to clean up the engine and exhaust. It took me anywhere fron a couple of days to 2 weeks depending on the system. I use sodium hydroxide (lye) for an electrolyte solution.
05-31-2009 03:01 PM
jsherk Offline

Well I tried but after a year cannot get any results so I am selling my stuff!

See this thread:
http://www.fuel-saver.org/Thread-Sellng-...r-and-efie
02-07-2010 05:24 PM