Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Tailpipe Emission Test Results
HHOe Offline

Tailpipe Emission Test Results
The subject pretty much explains it. I didnt do this before i started the hydroxy injection and i wish i did. I'd really like to find out the significance of these numbers and if they are typical.

[img][Image: TailpipeEmissionResults.jpg][/img]

2001 Chevy S-10 2.2 5 speed
22-23 before
27-33 after
07-24-2008 07:39 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
tangomar Offline

RE: Tailpipe Emission Test Results
Is this done with the HHO generator?
If yes did you use an EFIE?

Since the EFIE ask your fuel system to lean the mixture, one of the risk you have is to increase the engine temperature. This lowers the CO/CO2/HC levels but increases the NO.
Did you get the NO level as well?

Good report though.
07-24-2008 08:48 AM
Bwanar Offline

Can't you just turn it off and run it again?

HHOe Wrote:The subject pretty much explains it. I didnt do this before i started the hydroxy injection and i wish i did. I'd really like to find out the significance of these numbers and if they are typical.

[img][Image: TailpipeEmissionResults.jpg][/img]
07-24-2008 09:16 AM
rpatzer Offline

HHOe- as asked above, you need to get a base reading. Also, how much of mileage increase did you get. And yes- the NOx is the most important reading- they do that in Illinois? In CA they do an idle and higher rpm test. CAn you get both?
07-24-2008 09:22 AM
rudagray Offline
Collaboration is the Key to Success!

I see fuel type is stated as Gasoline....you were not honest with the testers Big Grin, If it is illegal in some states(have not researched yet) you'd think that an inspection should look under your hood? or yours is in the bed of the truck...Did they ask what the hell is that?

I know in NJ the last time I was inspected they looked with a mirror on a pole under the entire car, not sure what for though, maybe a cavity or tooth decay.Big Grin
(This post was last modified: 07-24-2008 10:40 PM by rudagray.)
07-24-2008 10:39 PM
tangomar Offline

Maybe just make sure you didn't have a hole in front of the cat.
07-24-2008 10:44 PM
nismotekk Offline

Guys, even without a baseline test CO is 0! Thats awesome! Especially for a vehicle with 87000 on the odometer. Yeah whats up with NOx? NOx is very important from an emissions stand point. But CO being at 0 is really cool, it means the hydrogen is extracting every bit of energy out of the carbon. I have mentioned in earlier posts that I am a tech at a Acura dealer, we are a certified emissions test facility. My kit just went back in my car. I will have emissions tests done very soon.
07-25-2008 02:43 AM
HHOe Offline

rpatzer Wrote:HHOe- as asked above, you need to get a base reading. Also, how much of mileage increase did you get. And yes- the NOx is the most important reading- they do that in Illinois? In CA they do an idle and higher rpm test. CAn you get both?

dude, as I STATED above, I wish I did this before I started all this So I would have a true baseline. The results you see there are the ones you get. where is yours? You NEED to do yours.

22-23 before
27-33 after
07-25-2008 06:48 AM
HHOe Offline

rudagray Wrote:I see fuel type is stated as Gasoline....you were not honest with the testers Big Grin, If it is illegal in some states(have not researched yet) you'd think that an inspection should look under your hood? or yours is in the bed of the truck...Did they ask what the hell is that?

I know in NJ the last time I was inspected they looked with a mirror on a pole under the entire car, not sure what for though, maybe a cavity or tooth decay.Big Grin

Ya the guy asked and I explained. Then some other guy came from somewhere and told him. The guy that gave the test was a real tool and creepy at the same time. I was a little nervous of my truck not passing because, even though its a volunteer test, if I fail, I have to get it fixed and cannot drive it until I do

22-23 before
27-33 after
07-25-2008 06:52 AM
HHOe Offline

tangomar Wrote:Is this done with the HHO generator? Yes
If yes did you use an EFIE? Yes .225

Since the EFIE ask your fuel system to lean the mixture, one of the risk you have is to increase the engine temperature. This lowers the CO/CO2/HC levels but increases the NO.
Did you get the NO level as well? What you see is what I paid for and thats it.

Good report though. Thanks[/color]

22-23 before
27-33 after
07-25-2008 06:55 AM