Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Tampa people
Clinton Offline

Rolleyes Tampa people
Are there any Tampa people hangin' around here?

I'm new to this forum and new to all of this stuff. I'm planning on buying a car in the next little while, and I want to put an HHO system in it so I'm not killing myself in gas when I drive to college. So, if anybody is from around here and could help me out in doing this, or refer me to a place that does conversions, that would be amazing.

Thanks!
Clinton
07-05-2008 05:42 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
tweeter Offline

RE: Tampa people
Clinton,

I'm relatively new here as well, but I have some info for you.

The Florida distributor for the MagDrive generators lives just north of Tampa and every weekend he can be found at his booth in the Big Top flea market. The flea market has a map and contact info at http://www.bigtopfleamarket.com/contactus.html. The distributor is named Jim and his booth number is N110, which is at the back of the flea market. I visited him at his booth last Sunday, and he usually gets there about 11am.

Jim has his own web site at http://www.backyardbuildersoftampabay.co...102351.htm

He has a lot if info on the web site other than HHO information, but luckily, the links regarding the MagDrive units are at the top of the list of links on the left side of the page. His email address is on the web site. He will contact you within a day or two of you sending him an email. He loves talking about the Magdrives and has a lot of patience explaining the system and describing some of the install problems. He will do installations too, but since every vehicle is different, you have to discuss price and terms with him about your specific car.

I ordered the MagDrive but haven't received it yet. They are backordered a week or two. When I get mine, I plan on bench testing the unit for a day, then emptying the unit and after installing it, will put fresh electrolyte in it.

From what I've discovered so far, the MagDrive is like 'Ford versus Chevy', or liver and onions. You either like it, or you don't. Some of the earlier versions have gotten bad reviews, but the earlier units were different from the brick version they are now selling. What sealed the deal for me to buy the MagDrive was the small size. I don't have room in my old Camry for a larger unit. The MagDrive is expensive, but I decided to take the plunge because it would fit in my car, and because of the guarantee. I'm going to post my findings here on the forum once I get the unit. I'll post both the bench tests and the actual mileage tests too.

I should be receiving my unit soon, so if you can wait until I can post some bench test results, that info may help you decide which generator you want to build or purchase. The forum is great for providing help. Be sure you do your research and educate yourself so that you aren't asking questions that have already been answered in other posts. If you're not sure, ask anyway. No one will bite your head off, but they will point you in the right direction.

Hope this helps a little, and at the least, you can do some more research on the MagDrive unit. Maybe some of the other members can give you some additional info on other generators.

Good Luck!

Regards,
Dick
-----------------------
1989 Toyota Camry, 4-cyl, (3S-FE)
MagDrive 11a with Single EFIE Deluxe
Largo, Florida
07-06-2008 01:38 PM
Clinton Offline

RE: Tampa people
Thanks so much! I'm definitely going to look into all of this.

I actually have been researching it for around six months. I know almost nothing about cars, so it was really hard to follow some things on it. I couldn't really ask any mechanic around here because they shot it down immediately when I brought it up. My AP Bio teacher was all for it though. It was my final project in that class, but unfortunately, it didn't turn out well, as I couldn't figure out an efficient model that stayed together with my funds (about $20 for trial and error, along with everything else). I guess it was pretty advantageous in some respects though, because I got to see a nice electrolyte work (KOH at a very high concentration. Liquid, so we didn't have to dissolve it). Don't know where I was going with that, but thought I'd share Smile.

I'm going to try and make it down to the Big Top Flea Market in the next week or so hopefully as well as reading as much as I can on the website you gave me. I hope I can convince my dad to like this stuff. Hopefully, meeting someone that has proof of this might do the trick for him. :-D

Thanks a bunch, and keep us posted on that MagDrive you're getting!

Clinton
07-06-2008 10:04 PM