Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Tanahiro / Toyota Owners please come in - 2002 Toyota Camry 2002 2.4L HELP!
laoban Offline

Smile Tanahiro / Toyota Owners please come in - 2002 Toyota Camry 2002 2.4L HELP!
Tanahiro / Toyota Camry Owners:
I am also newbie with HHO generator and learning about this technology. I am building HHO generator based on the information from Water4Gas. I read some of your threads that you posted in this website.

I have a few questions that need your advice. First, I have a 2002 Toyota Camry XLE 2.4L too. I know diferrent cars may have different results and different modication. From your experience, could you please tell me what modification that you have done with your Camry 2002?

1) As Mike said, EFIE does not work with AFR wideband sensor, Colchiro suggested put a resistor at AFR sensor (before catalyst / upstream) instead of using EFIE to tweak O2 sensor (after catalyst / downstream). How many ohms?

2) Have you also used EFIE from Mike to tweak the O2 sensor (after catalyst / downstream) as well? What parameters you used?

3) What about MAF, CTS, IAT sensors? What modification that you have made?

4) What gas mileage that you get after the modication?

5) Have you ever used HHO generator as well? What formula / spec you used ?

6) I have a Toyota Camry 2002 Repair Manual by Chilton and the book does not seem provide detail wiring diagram, especially for those AFR, MAF, IAT, O2 sensors and etc. I wonder if ahdol.com got the details? Where you get your wiring diagram?

I really appreciate your sharings because I wish to reduce any errors with any modification I made.

Thanks in advance. ^_^
04-29-2008 10:56 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
colchiro Offline

RE: Tanahiro / Toyota Owners please come in - 2002 Toyota Camry 2002 2.4L HELP!
Many of your questions can be answered by reading this thread: http://www.fuel-saver.org/showthread.php?tid=132

There's no reason to do anything to the post-cat sensors. They just report the condition of the cat.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
04-29-2008 02:11 PM
mike Offline

Hi laoban. Welcome to the forum!

You need to read Tuning For Mileage. That is the document that lays out the sensor mods other than EFIEs.

Colchiro is correct, there is no need to address the downstream sensors.

Ahdol.com will have your wiring diagrams. If you're going to do mods to your sensors, it's money well spent ($12 for all diagrams for your vehicle).

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
04-29-2008 03:03 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
colchiro Offline

Here's Tuning for Mileage.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
04-29-2008 03:10 PM
mike Offline

Oops. Thanks Colchiro, I forgot to add the link to the text. I'm glad you've got my back! Smile

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
04-29-2008 03:16 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
colchiro Offline

Not a problem, Mike. It's been open in a tab in my browser for about 3 weeks. Blush

Rick

04-29-2008 03:22 PM
wulfram Offline
Hauptmann Hydro

laoban Wrote:I am building HHO generator based on the information from Water4Gas.

Word of caution: the design on Water4gas is very cheap and not really worth the time. I bought an HHO gen made from the Water4Gas template and since then, I only have the hoses, valves, and glass jar left - everything else I've redone with SS.
Water4gas design really doesn't give your time's worth in HHO gas output, not unless you are using ALOT of baking soda (which will just make the cheap parts rust even faster and dirty up your water).

There's several better designs out there on youtube and a couple mentioned by some other folk on this site.
04-29-2008 04:06 PM
colchiro Offline

... or check out OUPower's forum.

Rick

04-29-2008 04:26 PM
laoban Offline

wulfram Wrote:Word of caution: the design on Water4gas is very cheap and not really worth the time. I bought an HHO gen made from the Water4Gas template and since then, I only have the hoses, valves, and glass jar left - everything else I've redone with SS.
Water4gas design really doesn't give your time's worth in HHO gas output, not unless you are using ALOT of baking soda (which will just make the cheap parts rust even faster and dirty up your water).

There's several better designs out there on youtube and a couple mentioned by some other folk on this site.

Thanks Mike, Colchiro and Wulfram. I will study the articles for the project.

Wulfram, since you are unhappy with the Water4gas's design, what design that you have built from? What about Smack's Booster?
04-30-2008 03:51 PM
tanahiro Offline

sorry for the delay. i was disconnected for a long time. i was frustrated for the all investigation without good results. at this moment i have a dry cell install in my car connected in the intake ( i think is better if you can install in the vacuum hose) but you need a very good strong bubbler and water tank. additional i have a afr ext. and a resistor in my iat. right now i got 35 to 45 mpg. all depend the weather. at this moment iam taking again my route and reading more about the system. this car is a good car but very difficult to adjust. Iam tried to install a maf sensor adj. but was not good. i start having problem and shaking stuff. well any new news let me know .

if any body have any new info about toyota camry 2002 and up please let me know. i need more info about how to work with the maf/ait sensor. thanks
(This post was last modified: 11-16-2008 04:56 PM by tanahiro.)
11-16-2008 04:51 PM