Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Testing H2 in car
gassplitter Offline

Testing H2 in car
Hi to you all,

I have finally build my gas splitting cell. I did long term bench testings first for many hours non stop. The cell works good. The gases staying separated all the time, I did burning tests so far so good. I build the cell in my car and the gas production increased even more because of the higher voltage. Hydrogen production is 0.8 LPM 13.8 volt 22 amp, again did burning test. Then did some driving tests but now I'm frustrated. Without cell my millage is 1 liter 15 kilometers. With cell 1 liter 12 kilometers (3 tests). Test the gas directly after driving, no breaching, gas buns well. I don't understand, I build this cell to avoid using an EFI. With HHO I could not have any success to adjust the thing. My car is a Opel Astra with 1.6 liter engine, 0.8 LPM must do something good don't you think? I did some reading over here and the results with H2 are not so good. I'm considering to use the EFIE again to get some improvement as a last option. Any help much appreciated.
click here to see my cell
(This post was last modified: 06-18-2011 03:05 AM by gassplitter.)
06-18-2011 03:04 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
gassplitter Offline

RE: Testing H2 in car
Update:
Today I built in the EFIE and make 2 test drives. I started with to trick the sensor with 160 millivolt, millage 1 liter 16 kilometers. Then turn the EFIE on 110 millivolts 1 liter 14.4 kilometers. So a better adjustment must be somewhere between 160 and 110 Millivolts or higher then 160. I have set the EFIE now on 190, no test results yet.
06-18-2011 12:33 PM
dingo Offline

(06-18-2011 12:33 PM)gassplitter Wrote:  Update:
Today I built in the EFIE and make 2 test drives. I started with to trick the sensor with 160 millivolt, millage 1 liter 16 kilometers. Then turn the EFIE on 110 millivolts 1 liter 14.4 kilometers. So a better adjustment must be somewhere between 160 and 110 Millivolts or higher then 160. I have set the EFIE now on 190, no test results yet.

Looks good. Look forward to mileage results.

How do you separate the gasses in your cell ?
06-18-2011 07:58 PM
gassplitter Offline

(06-18-2011 07:58 PM)dingo Wrote:  
(06-18-2011 12:33 PM)gassplitter Wrote:  
Looks good. Look forward to mileage results.
How do you separate the gases in your cell ?

If I achieve good constant results I want to publish all that, but it is already done by some people. Look at vipond50 on youtube (he is open source). I have got all the information from his video's. Another (commercial) source is myhydrogencar and on youtube. You can by stuff from them (australia only) but from there video's I got the idea for the triple bubbler tank and the gasdryer.
06-19-2011 03:58 AM
gassplitter Offline

Update: I ordered this fuel mixture control device click here I'm a little tired of driving around to see what happens with the millage. This device should make it easy to adjust the EFIE. Look at this video where some guys use it click here
(This post was last modified: 06-19-2011 09:22 AM by gassplitter.)
06-19-2011 08:43 AM
gassplitter Offline

Sad RE: Testing H2 in car
Update: I received the smart mixture fuel display kit. It was really easy to solder all the components on the green plate. I installed the device in the car with no hydrogen and no EFIE. And then I got very disappointed. It was not possible for me to adjust the device in spite of all the manuals that came with the device and the stuff I find on the web. When I bought the car 3 months ago so now and then the engine lamp on the dashboard turned on. For weeks it stays off but when it turned on and I shut the engine off and on, the lamp stays off. With the mixture device driving I noticed the signals from the lambda disappeared sometimes :-(( My conclusion for now is that the lambda sensor does not work. That explains all the bad readings that I had the past weeks. My last go is shutting off the lambda sensor and use the EFIE to inform the ECU to accept a voltage that come from me and not from the lambda sensor. I will also turn on the gas splitter and find out by trail and error what can be done. The risk that I take is that the engine runs to lean when it needs more petrol. I have to drive easy with no heavy loads. I'm having a hard time playing with HHO and H2 cells in cars :-(((
06-29-2011 02:00 PM
amos33 Offline

(06-29-2011 02:00 PM)gassplitter Wrote:  Update: I received the smart mixture fuel display kit. It was really easy to solder all the components on the green plate. I installed the device in the car with no hydrogen and no EFIE. And then I got very disappointed. It was not possible for me to adjust the device in spite of all the manuals that came with the device and the stuff I find on the web. When I bought the car 3 months ago so now and then the engine lamp on the dashboard turned on. For weeks it stays off but when it turned on and I shut the engine off and on, the lamp stays off. With the mixture device driving I noticed the signals from the lambda disappeared sometimes :-(( My conclusion for now is that the lambda sensor does not work. That explains all the bad readings that I had the past weeks. My last go is shutting off the lambda sensor and use the EFIE to inform the ECU to accept a voltage that come from me and not from the lambda sensor. I will also turn on the gas splitter and find out by trail and error what can be done. The risk that I take is that the engine runs to lean when it needs more petrol. I have to drive easy with no heavy loads. I'm having a hard time playing with HHO and H2 cells in cars :-(((

Sometimes we need to step back and see the whole picture from a distance. Careful running too lean, make sure your generating at least 2 lpm before you learn it out. But I am just a newbi.

I am a Christian
07-31-2011 07:28 PM
roui0105 Offline

Many companies are now giving so much effort on how they can give their consumers a good service with better fuel efficiency. Once-faltering Ford Motors picked itself up by its bootstraps and reinvented itself in 2006. The country's second largest automaker said it will now be devoting one of its biggest labs to the effort. The center of that push seems to be in developing and applied brand new technologies to reduce fuel consumption. Ford zooms to the lead in fuel economy.
05-29-2012 01:41 AM
kerllycrueaz Offline

I think it great to use h2 in car. It will helps to save energy fuel. Silence permeates the cabin till you turne the key and shift the dash-mounted joystick is shifted into the ā€œDā€ position.

Lone Mountain Truck Leasing
05-29-2012 11:06 AM
Amarion8100 Offline

Creating a highly productive, reliable and safe law enforcement vehicle requires staying up on the latest technology.
This is really good one in this regard.Really helpful to save energy fuel.

thule roof racks
06-18-2012 09:52 AM