Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Testing Quad Efie
gusto Offline

Testing Quad Efie
I have some trouble with my Wideband Quad EFIE, I think there is a short or bad connection inside my device. How can I test it to be sure?
07-15-2013 05:13 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

RE: Testing Quad Efie
The wideband EFIEs are difficult to test unless you have a meter that can measure milliamps. Most of them are not sensitive enough. The downstream analog (narrow band) EFIEs can be tested easily enough.

But those things don't fail very often. In fact, I can't actually remember a wideband EFIE failing before.

The best thing to do is contact support directly. They will have you send it in for testing if you wish, but may be able to help you debug the problem without that. Contact support@fuelsaver-mpg.com.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
07-16-2013 07:28 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
gusto Offline

RE: Testing Quad Efie
Ya I dont think my Fluke 117 will test miliamps. The problem I am having is the port for #1 wideband shows a differnt output voltage than the #2 port. Also recently started getting a CEL when either sensor is connected to the #1 wideband port. But I will Email Your support to see about getting a solution.
Thanks.
07-16-2013 09:06 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply