Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Testing vaporizers...
visek Offline

Testing vaporizers...
I will be testing an FA2000 type vaporizer on a carbed Toyota 4x4 1.5 L engine this summer.

I've already seen full tank mpgs as high as 37-38 when testing Restore engine additive last summer...but mpg went back to usual.

Since have added 0W30 Mobil 1 synth oil to engine and Mobil 1 synth 75W90 gear oil to transaxle and rear diff....with 1 oz per quart Tufoil engine and drivetrain.

Now have the vaporizer set up...but found that the valve was blocked...so no go for first test tank. Also have an air bleed set up to lean things out some...adding air only above idle.

Also might test an '86 Nissan 2.4 L TB EFI 4x4 truck that I have modded the sensors on to lean it out. In fact I might have had it too lean...since I had a "failsafe" thermostat lock open on a trip...put in a regular one and it did OK...but it seemed to be running warm on the highway. Found that on this vehicle at least...that modifying the TPS (throttle) and the CTS (coolant) allows leaning it out to the point that it won't run well. Also running an EFIE at 200 mvs....which I can't say does much other than it seems to allow the O2 sensor to more easily cycle than if it's not turned on. At some points in this process I did have a vac leak in the PCV system also...since fixed. Don't think I saw any mpg gains from leaning this out...maybe just a bit less power.

Will probably wait on testing the truck until and if I can manage a gain with the 1.5L.

Have made up my own fuel vaporizer valve using a hardware store "needle valve". Good sensitive REAL needle valves are hard to find and are around $25. This valve...which has not been tested for flow rate and consistency is more or less based on the type of valve used on the FA2000 vaporizer. Plate is held on using an o-ring under the gland nut...some crimping and some glue...delicate...but might work. Should allow fairly precise adjustments.This valve is all brass except for the stem seal...which might not handle gas too well. Handle was punched out and replaced with a section of heavy wire.

The idea would be to tee off the fuel return line and direct the gas into a lengthened PCV line with a catch can installed after the fuel inlet from the valve. Gas cap would need to be drilled out or left loose to avoid pressure build up in the tank...causing flooding when starting from cold...the reason my previous tests with the FA2000 didn't work out....probably scared the cap out of my neighbors when they saw flames coming out of the exhaust?

[Image: n-valve.JPG]
(This post was last modified: 05-02-2010 02:12 AM by visek.)
05-02-2010 02:08 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
rogerjack Offline

RE: Testing vaporizers...
These post is really nice to sharing with us. I have already seen the full tank mpgs as high as 37-38 when testing Restore engine additive last summer but mpg went back to usual.

la senza discount code
07-08-2010 09:52 PM
visek Offline

(07-08-2010 09:52 PM)rogerjack Wrote:  These post is really nice to sharing with us. I have already seen the full tank mpgs as high as 37-38 when testing Restore engine additive last summer but mpg went back to usual.

Vaporizer testing has been going slowly due to driving my other vehicle...the truck...and having issues with the gasoline valve closing up so that there was no gasoline flow.

With the last tank I believe it continued to flow some gas...but I didn't expect much since it was running rich....but I saw my highest mpg yet...plus what seemed to be extra power. So this has some potential...still need to lower the carb float level.

Have now changed the engine oil to Mobil 1 0W30 synth and also the gear oil to Mobil 1 85W90 synth...both with added Tufoil additive.
07-09-2010 03:06 AM
cqcummins Offline

hi,Smile
Questions about combustion engine?
If you need,please phone me.And I am glad to help.
And,my little shop stores some CUMMINS PARTS!Our main products: Cummins overhaul accessories, assembly parts, filter, crankshaft, connecting rod, fuel injection, etc.( Involving models for NT855, KTA19, M11, L10, ISM11, QSM11, QSK19, KTA38, KTA50 etc. cars, ships, construction machinery, such as parts)
Here is my home page URL.
http://www.enginepartscom.com
08-11-2010 09:03 PM
Bohlenbuch Offline
Rainer Jung

Der Bohlencode - soeben erschienen und bei Amazon zu bestellen
Habt Ihr das gesehen? Das neue Bohlenbuch "Der Bohlencode" wurde von Gerd Graf Bernadotte af Wisborg
Prinz von Schweden geschrieben.

Graf Bernadotte ist der Ex-Berater des Pop-Titans Dieter Bohlen und rechnet mit ihm ab.

Fast 30 Jahre lang war Bernadotte einer der engsten Berater des DSDS-Jurors. Er bezeichnet Bohlen nicht nur als
"einfach total unmenschlich" sondern offenbart auch pikante Sex-Geschichten des Pop-Titanen.

"Dieter hat sich immer durch alle Betten der Stadt geschlafen. Der Popstar hat immer neben
einer festen Freundin ein Zwischenlager gehabt, wo er seinen "Brennstab" lagern konnte",
schreibt Bernadotte in seinem Buch und behauptet:

"Man könnte sagen, Bohlen hat mehr schnelle Sexnummern gehabt, als ein Metzger Wurst schneidet."

Lest mal das Buch. Es wird auch die 0900- und 0137-Telefonabzocke der Medienkonzerne aufgedeckt.
Der Bohlencode: Das Supertalent und DSDS nur Fake?

Hier der Link zum Buch bei Amazon:

DER BOHLENCODE
http://www.amazon.de/dp/3000360654/ref=c...Xob1ZGQVB9

oder
http://www.amazon.de/BOHLENCODE-Wahrheit...093&sr=8-1

"Der Leser erfaehrt von Morddrohungen, Steuerbetrug, Millionendeals und Sexskandale.
Der Autor war über Jahre Schlagzeilenkoenig der BILD-Zeitung und lieferte nicht selten Schlagzeilen in Tagesfolge."

Klingt spannend, oder?

Rainer
11-28-2011 11:18 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply