Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The TERO SERIES CELL PLANS
hygear Offline

The TERO SERIES CELL PLANS
I don't know if anyone has plans for this cell,but to me it's one of the most simple,efficent and easy to build cell that I've found.I personally use this design and I have found it to be very cool running and a good hho producer.You can run several of these in series for use on large vehicles(one works great on smaller ones)It does use a very high koh solution the plans call for 28% by weight which works out to 1 1/2 lbs per gallon of distilled water.Despite this high concentration this cell runs very cool.If anyone is intrested in building one they can pm me any time for advice if needed.

http://www.umpquaenergy.com/hydrogengene...o_cell.pdf

2005 Dodge Ram 1500 Quadcab 4x4 5.7 hemi
(This post was last modified: 08-26-2008 05:53 PM by colchiro.)
08-26-2008 03:37 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
c02cutter Offline

RE: The TERO SERIES CELL PLANS
c02cutter Wrote:
hygear Wrote:I don't know if anyone has plans for this cell,but to me it's one of the most simple,efficent and easy to build cell that I've found.I personally use this design and I have found it to be very cool running and a good hho producer.You can run several of these in series for use on large vehicles(one works great on smaller ones)It does use a very high koh solution the plans call for 28% by weight which works out to 1 1/2 lbs per gallon of distilled water.Despite this high concentration this cell runs very cool.If anyone is intrested in building one they can pm me any time for advice if needed.

Fixing the link

[url=http://www.umpquaenergy.com/hydrogengenerator/tero_cell.pdf]Tero Cell pdf

Yes I have seen these, and am working on a variation of it. The whole concept is good, and with the dynamics of the flow created from the gas production it will dissipate heat well.
08-26-2008 03:54 PM
colchiro Offline

hygear Wrote:I don't know if anyone has plans for this cell,but to me it's one of the most simple,efficent and easy to build cell that I've found.I personally use this design and I have found it to be very cool running and a good hho producer.You can run several of these in series for use on large vehicles(one works great on smaller ones)It does use a very high koh solution the plans call for 28% by weight which works out to 1 1/2 lbs per gallon of distilled water.Despite this high concentration this cell runs very cool.If anyone is intrested in building one they can pm me any time for advice if needed.

http://www.umpquaenergy.com/hydrogengene...o_cell.pdf

A nice looking cell, but too pricey to buy one prebuilt. I'd be interested in a kit if someone had a source for parts.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
08-26-2008 05:55 PM
Gary Offline

As I said in the other thread, Don't use plexiglass for spacers and Don't even use shower base material...although it worked for someone, it carries current. I'll be looking hard for some thick gasket material.
08-26-2008 06:21 PM
hygear Offline

Gary Wrote:As I said in the other thread, Don't use plexiglass for spacers and Don't even use shower base material...although it worked for someone, it carries current. I'll be looking hard for some thick gasket material.
Tampa Rubber and Gasket 813-247-3647 will custom cut gaskets made of good grade neoprene and in any thickness you need and will ship them also.I've had great results using this material and have run a larger version tero over 2 months will no problems.I called in the size and they were cut perfect(computerized water jet cutter). They were cheaper than me buying the material there and cutting them myself(they keep the scraps).Btw plexiglas gaskets are too rigid to give a good seal.Also a guy I know from another forum uses rubber roofing material and says a roofing company gives him the scraps left over from jobsites.

(This post was last modified: 08-26-2008 06:57 PM by hygear.)
08-26-2008 06:48 PM
c02cutter Offline

hygear Wrote:
Gary Wrote:As I said in the other thread, Don't use plexiglass for spacers and Don't even use shower base material...although it worked for someone, it carries current. I'll be looking hard for some thick gasket material.
Tampa Rubber and Gasket 813-247-3647 will custom cut gaskets made of good grade neoprene and in any thickness you need and will ship them also.I've had great results using this material and have run a larger version tero over 2 months will no problems.I called in the size and they were cut perfect(computerized water jet cutter). They were cheaper than me buying the material there and cutting them myself(they keep the scraps).Btw plexiglas gaskets are too rigid to give a good seal.Also a guy I know from another forum uses rubber roofing material and says a roofing company gives him the scraps left over from jobsites.

I can cut plates for the cell with 22g 316L material, but would have to work up pricing on it. My plates would be pricey, but dead nuts.
08-27-2008 04:04 PM
hygear Offline

I can cut plates for the cell with 22g 316L material, but would have to work up pricing on it. My plates would be pricey, but dead nuts.

[/quote]Laser cut plates are nice but not required with tero design, because the edges are exposed to the outside of the cell.Some builders like to cut the plates larger so that they hang out past the spacers,they say that it aids in cooling like fins.I paid $240 for eight 9"x9" 16 ga. 316L plates,22 ga. would work fine though.Do you think your plates at 22 ga. would be in that price range?
Let us know when you get the pricing worked up.

(This post was last modified: 08-28-2008 02:32 AM by hygear.)
08-27-2008 10:44 PM
howiemandel Offline

The thing i dont understand about that pdf file is they say they have holes drilled out in lower left corner to "level" off the water between plates. That being the only place where current could escape through.
HOWEVER, I only see the "gas" outlet holes. Anyone here put my head on straight? I'd like to build one just cuz it looks cool, but not cuz I think its gonna work better, production wise compared to what im using. HOWEVER, due to space restraints this would rock. Could put 4 to 8 of these things in a car.
08-28-2008 02:34 AM
hygear Offline

howiemandel Wrote:The thing i dont understand about that pdf file is they say they have holes drilled out in lower left corner to "level" off the water between plates. That being the only place where current could escape through.
HOWEVER, I only see the "gas" outlet holes. Anyone here put my head on straight? I'd like to build one just cuz it looks cool, but not cuz I think its gonna work better, production wise compared to what im using. HOWEVER, due to space restraints this would rock. Could put 4 to 8 of these things in a car.
The pdf if I remember right states the holes are not shown in the pics.I drilled mine 1/8" inch at the bottom of each plate on opposite sides so that they won't be facing toward each other which by the plans is said to reduce any current leakage and I hav'nt noticed any leakage in my cell.You must have these holes or there no way to equalize the electolyte in the cells.

08-28-2008 02:49 AM
Gary Offline

hygear Wrote:
howiemandel Wrote:The thing i dont understand about that pdf file is they say they have holes drilled out in lower left corner to "level" off the water between plates. That being the only place where current could escape through.
The pdf if I remember right states the holes are not shown in the pics.I drilled mine 1/8" inch at the bottom of each plate on opposite sides so that they won't be facing toward each other which by the plans is said to reduce any current leakage and I hav'nt noticed any leakage in my cell.You must have these holes or there no way to equalize the electolyte in the cells.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

08-28-2008 03:13 AM