Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The general backorder
gogetit Offline

The general backorder
Hey Mike, I'm very glad to see that your business is smokin hot. I've received 250 orders for hho generators in the past 6 days after doing a spot on the news so I'm feeling the cunch too. My problem in production is that there simply aren't enough hours in the day to get these kits together. I hired several of my friends to come over and help put them together and pay them a commission for each unit. Have you thought about this? A backorder of almost 300 units for you has to be somewhere in the 20-30,000 dollar range. That seems well worth an extra employee or two to me.
This is to premise the following...
I've cought the intrest of the Bay County (FL) Public School Comissioner and I'm putting a dual setup on her Taho tonight. If shes a 2% increase, which is totally feasible, she wants to bring to a vote, the installation of a kit in each of the school district's fleet vehicles. I don't know how many there are as of right now, but it has to be a very substantial order. I also have gotten together with two local mechanics who want to sell kits out of their shops.
I think I may start pursuing these kinds of contracts in the future if I get these under my belt. Point being, through research, and personal use, I think you have the best efie setup and I may in the near future be needing a ton of them. I know we can't count our chickens before they hatch, but people seem to really frown at the undeterminable backorder time I have to give them. Let me know what you think please. Phillip.
06-26-2008 07:21 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

RE: The general backorder
I started hiring about 3 weeks ago. I have 3 full time staff and 2 part time, and they are all pulling their weight. I just have to receive my next order of circuit boards, and my backlog will go away very fast.

As to the future: I've almost resolved my biggest bottleneck which has been the number of circuit boards I have. Within the next 2 months I will have received about 5 times the total number of boards I've sold since I opened my business. I've vowed that no matter how much I expand I will not run out of boards again. I'm going to get way ahead in that department.

After that, it'll just be personnel to assemble, and I'm ready to add people as needed. Adding more people will be much easier now because I now have staff who can do almost any function, and can help me bring new staff up to speed.

The bottom line is that I think I can keep up with you.

Bring it on, baby!!! Go ahead, make my day!!! Big Grin

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
(This post was last modified: 06-26-2008 06:07 PM by mike.)
06-26-2008 06:05 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cantburn Offline
All Fired Up

Hey if you all get so overwhelmed that you need to outsource some of your units for assembly and shipping, let me know. I have a small shop here and have been building computers for people so a EFIE or a generator is not too far out of bounds.....I'm sure we can work out an arrangement!! Nice to see your businesses taking off.....power to you gentlemen.

"Life is but a tire swing"
06-27-2008 04:00 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

Thanks. I'm good for right now, but I'll keep you in mind.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
06-30-2008 07:47 AM
tvc Offline

would like to know if you were to making complete kits are just the circuit boards. I have a biodiesel distributing company and would like to add an the complete kit as a service. Just started building my first kit. can you give guidance and directions.
Thanks
08-29-2008 07:07 PM
Tina Offline

gogetit Wrote:Hey Mike, I'm very glad to see that your business is smokin hot. I've received 250 orders for hho generators in the past 6 days after doing a spot on the news so I'm feeling the cunch too. My problem in production is that there simply aren't enough hours in the day to get these kits together. I hired several of my friends to come over and help put them together and pay them a commission for each unit. Have you thought about this? A backorder of almost 300 units for you has to be somewhere in the 20-30,000 dollar range. That seems well worth an extra employee or two to me.
This is to premise the following...
I've cought the intrest of the Bay County (FL) Public School Comissioner and I'm putting a dual setup on her Taho tonight. If shes a 2% increase, which is totally feasible, she wants to bring to a vote, the installation of a kit in each of the school district's fleet vehicles. I don't know how many there are as of right now, but it has to be a very substantial order. I also have gotten together with two local mechanics who want to sell kits out of their shops.
I think I may start pursuing these kinds of contracts in the future if I get these under my belt. Point being, through research, and personal use, I think you have the best efie setup and I may in the near future be needing a ton of them. I know we can't count our chickens before they hatch, but people seem to really frown at the undeterminable backorder time I have to give them. Let me know what you think please. Phillip.
09-30-2008 02:02 AM