Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The official POST YOUR SPARK PLUGS thread!!
RDKamikaze Offline
Because Saving Gas Matters

The official POST YOUR SPARK PLUGS thread!!
Hello everyone! As you are all aware, a beloved member of us, Cantburn, has had a potentially serious accident recently with his spark plugs melting as a probable result of HHO. As this is NOT the truth for all vehicles always, you never know when it could happen, so don't push your car to the limits. Every vehicle is different, and that's why I am able to get 70mpg and wulfram 80mpg, for example.
DO NOT EVER PUSH YOUR CAR BEYOND SAFE LIMITATIONS THAT YOU HAVE SET FOR YOURSELF!!

I strongly encourage you to check your spark plugs RIGHT NOW and take pictures of them and then post them on this thread. Doing so will assist in further research and solutions for finding a good safety precaution, or possibly a good brand of plugs to use with HHO setups. I'm not a master at WHY every plug is different, but I DO know that each plug reacts differntly to their situations. Some plugs like aluminum blocks, for example, while others (platinum I think) do not yield better results in the same material type.

Anyways, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!! post pictures of your spark plugs in this thread. I want to see a LOT of plugs from MANY users, so get on it NOW! It doesn't even take much time depending on your vehicle, most are bolt off and bolt on. Please also be sure to include details like brand, car make + model, miles on plugs, etc. Any information you provide at once with your pictures CAN NOT get split up, while information posted later could get lost in a jumble.

Thank you for your cooperation, and I wish the best success to us all!

2006 Toyota Solara (4cyl. model)
NGK spark plugs (original from Toyota factory)
57k miles on plugs, original with car
Spark plug wires each have separate ignition coils
[Image: CIMG4698.jpg]
[Image: CIMG4700.jpg]

My Car:
2006 Toyota Solara 2.4L 4cyl.
-Aftermarket (JPP) header
-DNX exhaust
-Injen Short-Ram Intake (SRI)

Add yourself to the HHO member map!!
08-14-2008 12:01 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
CraigBMM Offline

RE: The official POST YOUR SPARK PLUGS thread!!
your plug looks good RDKamikaze , dont see too much sign of over lean there .. good one Wink

has a nice tanish color going , how many miles of HHO use on them?

will try to post pics of mine soon

if you can try taking pictures of the plugs before and after installing and running HHO
to insert photos inside the thread you can use photobucket.com and this IMG code (without the smiley : )
[IMG]Smile http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v440/R...MG4698.jpg[/IMG]
if not just use the attachment option when posting

hey i thought up some
good info to have on posts

Car make and model , year . engine size , total miles on engine
gasoline , diesel or LP gas fuel used with HHO - Gasoline
mpg gains - 30 mpg hiway before , 80 mpg after , 260 % gain
kind of miles driven (mainly hiway , mostly city ect. , combined city/hiway)
type of spark plug
how many miles total on plugs
how many miles of HHO use on plugs
LPM (liters per minute)of HHO being applied and where ie: into air intake only , air intake and pcv
any electrical mods ie: efie 250mv , map controller , o2 spacers
generator temp when warmed up and do you think its producing any steam (stays cool , or very hot to touch ect. 150 F)
gen design (single 4 plate 5x2 inch +-+- gen , running in series ect.) and electrolyte used ( 32 oz. distilled water with 1/2 teaspoon NaOH)
generator air relief valve used or not and how much do you run it .. open 1/4 turn , full open ect.
secondary flash arrestor safety scrubber bubbler used or not
amps being pulled on warmed up generator
heating up HHO before entering engine used or no ie: runs through copper tubing over manifold
comments: on why you believe your plugs look like they do
(This post was last modified: 08-17-2008 05:20 AM by CraigBMM.)
08-17-2008 02:08 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Marty1979 Offline

How does this look to you guys?

http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/65/sparkykq3.jpg
(This post was last modified: 08-18-2008 10:09 AM by Marty1979.)
08-18-2008 10:05 AM
RDKamikaze Offline

Marty, what's the information about your plugs/ignition system? The more you tell us, the closer we can get to a good solution. Please let us know what you drive, cylinders, HHO setup, spark plug's age (mileage), ignition system, etc. Anything you can share is better than nothing, and your picture also helps a bit too!

Thank you for your contribution, but please edit your post and add some more info!

My Car:
-DNX exhaust

08-18-2008 11:08 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Marty1979 Offline

RDKamikaze Wrote:Marty, what's the information about your plugs/ignition system? The more you tell us, the closer we can get to a good solution. Please let us know what you drive, cylinders, HHO setup, spark plug's age (mileage), ignition system, etc. Anything you can share is better than nothing, and your picture also helps a bit too!

Thank you for your contribution, but please edit your post and add some more info!

I was interested in your opinion on the condition of the plug before I posted any further info on my particular setup, because I think you may be suprised.........or maybe not. Here goes:

1993 4 cylinder BMW 318i SE with 162000+ miles on the clock. Distrubutor ignition. Spark plug age unknown
HHO Generator - Smack derivative (not installed in car yet) - 1 litre per minute at 13 amps hot
EFIE - Self built poor man's unit - Set at 50mv's normal driving, 100-150mv's in traffic. Been used since August 2nd
Baseline mileage - Approx 32 mpg. With EFIE only approx 38 mpg
(This post was last modified: 08-18-2008 11:30 AM by Marty1979.)
08-18-2008 11:24 AM
RDKamikaze Offline

Marty, isn't that bad to only have an EFIE with no fuel-saving device such as HHO? I always thought that was a big no-no, can anyone confirm this?

My Car:
-DNX exhaust

08-18-2008 12:10 PM
Cowboy Offline

Depends on how far you lean it out. A Hypertech programmer can lean it out to a point with no ill-effect, though I don't know if number gains are that high. I ran my '64 pretty lean for a number of years. A little over 300K with no problems. 20 mpg with a 4 bbl carb.
08-18-2008 12:49 PM
CraigBMM Offline

Marty1979 Wrote:How does this look to you guys?

http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/65/sparkykq3.jpg

those dont look too bad to me Marty

inform us when you start the HHO and have run it a few .

thanks
08-18-2008 01:06 PM
Marty1979 Offline

Will do. The cell's cooking as I type, ready to go in it's container when it's finished conditioning, then it'll be installed. Will keep you all informed of the progress.
08-19-2008 09:21 AM
Gary Offline

Our '93 Paseo fourbanger after about 5 weeks on HHO.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

08-19-2008 06:10 PM