• 1 Votes - 5 Average
They're here. Get them while they're hot
colchiro Offline

Smile They're here. Get them while they're hot
http://www.fuelsaver-mpg.com/store/index...x&cPath=76

[Image: afr_proto_LRG.jpg]

[Image: afr_proto_02_LRG.jpg]

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
12-30-2008 04:27 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cschauerj Offline

RE: They're here. Get them while they're hot
Sweet!

Is there an ETA on a single wide-band unit?
12-30-2008 05:43 PM
colchiro Offline

Maybe Mike or Bruce will pop in, but I know they plan to build 200 of the doubles first and have some other projects as well, so I suspect it'll be at least several months before that happens.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
12-30-2008 07:50 PM
John Sargent Offline

(12-30-2008 04:27 PM)colchiro Wrote:  http://www.fuelsaver-mpg.com/store/index...x&cPath=76

[Image: afr_proto_LRG.jpg]

[Image: afr_proto_02_LRG.jpg]

Rick,
I have already ordered one. Wondering if you are going to try one on your Toyota? John
PS Sorry, I didn't understand your pm of a couple of days ago.
12-31-2008 04:50 AM
colchiro Offline

Hi John.

Don't have the Toyota any more, traded it for the Escape. My share of bailing out the auto industry. Wink

"Preaching to the choir" means I was already aware of that the problem, by replying to the problem post, others would be aware and would do more good.

I do have wide band on the Ford, but too cold for hho and my new dry cell's still on the bench. Got down to -24F again last night so will be months before I consider doing that.

Rick

12-31-2008 05:39 AM
mike Offline

Yes. We do plan to offer a single, but it will be probably 2 months before we have them. The price difference will be pretty minimal between singles and duals, I think, but I haven't had a chance to run any numbers on them yet.

We will be making a deluxe version and a dipped basic version of these, the same as our other products. I don't know the exact prices on them yet, but they will be about the same as our other EFIEs. There's not much difference in manufacturing cost. I think the deluxe models will be a little cheaper because we don't have to put in the test points. They just aren't needed on these devices. I'll have installation instructions up later today on our site that will explain why.

One correction, though. We only made 100 on this run. When I ordered them up a month ago, I was still unsure they would be broadly workable. But I've since had a chance to do quite a bit more testing, and am now convinced we've hit the nail on the head. These devices control the air/fuel ratio on vehicles equipped with any flavor of wide band sensor much better than old style EFIEs work on narrow band types. We used to recommend old style EFIEs for 5-wire wide bands. This is no longer true. You want to use these new devices for the 5-wire wide bands, as well as on the 4-wire AFR sensors.

About the only thing I would caution you is to be careful not to lean your mix too much. You will have the ability to lean your mix beyond safe limits with these, and if you lean your mix too much you can overheat your valves and cause damage to your engine. The old style EFIEs had a definite limit to the amount it could lean the mix. These don't really have that, so you'll have to exercise caution in this regard.

I think anyone who buys these will be happy with them. The wide band oxygen sensor is now solved.

As a final note, we're only allowing one per customer, so that all the guys who've been waiting for them can get one out of the first batch. However, if you have 2 cars that need them right now, please write to support@fuelsaver-mpg.com, and we'll try to fix you up. If you need one of these, I recommend you order right away. We sent out 70 emails last night to guys who wanted to be notified when these were ready, so they'll go quickly. The next batch will probably be a month away.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
12-31-2008 09:37 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply