Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
This Is Amazing!!!
doug2168 Offline

This Is Amazing!!!
this site amazes me.

i've made several posts here in this forum and none have been replied to. i've made all of my posts in the appropriate sections of the forum and no one has replied. well, there was one reply but they couldn't offer any suggestions.

the technology and knowledge is out there but no one seems to want to part with it. IMHO, none of my posts were dumb. all of them asked legit questions yet no one has any answers.

all posts dealt with getting baseline data for an 05 civic and being able to properly adjust the vehicles computer to an hho gen.

i guess everyone is 'guessing' at what the car is doing now and making 'blind' adjustments to sensors???

hmmm, i wonder. it's either that or everyone out here has vehicle specific scan tools???? lots of $$$ involved in that.

where's the proper instructions to properly lean tune a car???

i just can't see people making 'blind' adjustments to a vehicle. there would be a lot of burned up engines out there. gee, maybe people are burning up engines and than too embarrassed to post.
07-06-2008 07:50 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
AlexR Offline

RE: This Is Amazing!!!
Doug,

I'd hardly call it 'blind' adjusting. Trial and error - yes. Have you read the other documents on this web site, especially 'tuning for mileage'? This document has some answers to your questions.

Do you know what kind of O2 sensor you have?

Running your engine too lean is bad, but there are enough signs to keep you from doing it, high coolant temps, lack of power, different smells from the engine as everything gets hotter than normal. One just has to be careful and pay attention to what is happening.

Many people have purchased a Scanguage, I believe they run about $175. I don't think that's a lot of money for something that can be used on just about every vehicle with OBDII.

Alex

Cool Flame, LLC
http://www.cool-flame.com
07-06-2008 08:18 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
butch043052 Offline

I don't know about everybody else but I'm new to this and I don't know alot about it so I read everybody else's questions and hope I learn a little more each day.

Richard
07-06-2008 08:58 AM
doug2168 Offline

if you have money or lets say have enough left ove after evey pay check.....sure 175.00 isn't a lot. but if you have obligations like a wife, two kids, house payments, car payments and such it is a lot of money hence the wanting to do this all opensource.

i read, read and read and haven't had 'a lot' of my questions answered.
07-06-2008 10:37 AM
butch043052 Offline

I know what you mean, I'm retired now and learning is alot harder for me now. I built a Smack Booster and have it installed on my old 1986 F150 4 wheel drive, I used this truck instead of my 2002 Dodge 1500 or my wifes 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee because I don't have to worry about computers or sensors. I'm waiting for my potassium Hydroxide to arrive (I've been told its better) I tested the booster with half distilled water and half distilled vinegar which worked but not as good as I wanted. I'm going to build one for my Dodge but I am kind of hesitant because of all the sensors. Theres not that many people around here that I can go ask questions to, I would just get laughed at any way.

Richard
07-06-2008 11:15 AM