Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Three Cells in Series – Observation & Improvements Needed
tbhavsar Offline

RE: Three Cells in Series – Observation & Improvements Needed
stevekos7 Wrote:
tbhavsar Wrote:Thanks stevekos7; appriciate your reply. sealing edges make sense; how should I seal the edges. I have Silicon glue that I bought from HD; also have Hot glue gun... but it may fall after some time so I do not know....

As far as having extra holes; should that be on all plates or just + and - plates.

I used marine grade silicone on my last sealed cell, but it sagged and weakened after just a few hours of bench testing. I was told that Polyeurethane is a better product where heat is present, and Poly is more resistant to alkaline than silicone. So I am about to build my next cell this weekend using a marine grade Poly adhesive/sealant. I'll let you know how the new sealant holds up.

If you want to seal it but still immerse it in a bath, you could try duct tape over plastic wrap as a test. You can prove it up with that and build something more substantial after you have tested it. Better is to encase the cell in acrylic sheet (a la ZeroFossilFuel). You just need to leave just a bit of a gap at the bottom for fluid movement. Otherwise use small holes as suggested.

Holes need to be in all plates if they are going to be fully sealed against the sides/bottom. I use my plates long side vertical so that I can fill the container just below the top of the plates. That way you don't have to seal the top of the plates. Re the holes in the plates, stagger them left/right to reduce current leakage.

stevekos7,

Can you please also let me know your setup/config and gas output in LPM? or direct me to another post where you may have posted.
Thanks in adv.
07-25-2008 06:58 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply