Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Timing
bandit354 Offline

Timing
How important is the timing of the ignition for hho and fuel mileage increasing if hydrogen burn faster than the timing be adjusted accordingly. Read the tuning for mileage and was just wondering what other have tried.
04-22-2008 03:36 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
colchiro Offline

RE: Timing
On many cars, the ignition timing is handled automatically by the ecu and anti-knock sensors.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
(This post was last modified: 04-22-2008 05:09 PM by colchiro.)
04-22-2008 05:08 PM
mike Offline

Most of the burning in your engine is still the petrol. The amount of energy released by the HHO itself burning is quite small. So timing shouldn't be an issue. We're getting our gains by the increased efficiency of the petrol's burn, not the HHO burning.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
04-22-2008 05:15 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bandit354 Offline

I was just wondering because I can easily adjust my timing on my truck it has a distributor. I have messed with the timing before and I was just curious. The truck seems to be running smother then it ever has been and has 200,000 miles on it.
04-22-2008 05:24 PM
mike Offline

OK, I get it. Ya most of us with "modern" cars have no way to adjust timing, except by modifying sensor data and getting the ECU to advance or retard the timing that way.

Wow, I'm jealous. All you have to do is loosen a bolt and turn the distributor!! It's not fair!! Smile

You're correct about the speed the HHO burns. It's way faster than gas. The petrol will likely burn faster due to the HHO as well. You might try adjusting the timing a bit. It might give you a bit more gas mileage and performance.

Please let me know what the results are. I've never gotten any before and after test results with only the timing changing. This will be interesting.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
04-22-2008 05:35 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply