Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Titania sensors on Jeeps
siuol Offline

Titania sensors on Jeeps
Hello,

This is very interesting. I have 1989 jeep xj with the renix fuel system and is supposed to have the titania o2 sensor.

Checking the voltage on the sensor wire with ignition on, reads 4.96 vdc.

Engine running, its between 1 and 4 vdc.

I hooked up the dual efie according to the instructions for the titania sensors and, #1 the meter leads had to be reversed, black to red etc.

Adjusting the pot did not change the voltage at all. it was reading the same 1 to 4 volts both with the efie on or off.

I decided to try hooking up the efie as if it were a regular sensor and it then worked perfect. I was able to adjust the voltage from a low of 2 vdc to a high of 4 vdc.

The engine stumbled when I got to 2 volts and again stumbles when i go to 4 vdc.

The mid point for smooth running is a steady 3 vdc. The voltage is steady, should it fluctuate as not to have the computer think the sensor is bad?/
I am confused on whether the fuel is decreased at a low voltage or at the high voltage. I assume, since its hooked up as a regular efie, low voltage = lean mixture.

Any ideas will be appreciated.

Louis
08-20-2013 04:50 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
rpatzer Offline

RE: Titania sensors on Jeeps
I believe you want to increase the voltage- the computer then reads that as too rich and leans out the mix.
(This post was last modified: 08-21-2013 06:11 AM by rpatzer.)
08-21-2013 06:09 AM
LittleGreenDot Offline
Super Moderator

Try keeping it up around 4 but let it switch. See what kind of mileage you get at both ends of the spectrum. I also suspect you will see better gains closer to 4V.
08-21-2013 10:13 AM
siuol Offline

Thanks Dot and Rpatzer. Going on a long trip this weekend and will try your suggestions.

Louis
08-21-2013 05:56 PM