Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
To EFIE or not to EFIE
T-Bone Offline

To EFIE or not to EFIE
I have built a smack-type booster installed it into my 2000 chevy silverado 5.3 V8. no other modifications. So far mpg does not appear to have increased. i have read of people getting good results with no enhancing devices and i question whether is this possible after my results or not so results. I am having a hard time deciding which EFIE will best siut my needs. I have 4 o2 sensors 2 pre cat 2 post cat. any input would be greatly appreciated.Big Grin
06-09-2008 05:27 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
a3holerman Offline

RE: To EFIE or not to EFIE
Hi,

Welcome to the hydroxy world. I am also fairly new to all this but will give you my observations. Yes you should do the eifi thing. I bought the one advertised here. All that I've read indicates to me that you do need to adj your O2 sensor output to compensate for the added O2 that your trucks computer will interpit as a lean mixture and add more fuel.
Hppe this helps and we will all be interested in how things come out.

Tom
Cape Cod
06-09-2008 06:59 PM
KS Silverado Offline

I read on here from someone else w/a 99 silverado w/ 5.3L and a hydrosuper 2 double that he lost 2 mpg. He had the o2 extenders and he is now going to install the dual EFIE. You only need it on the 2 o2 sensors BEFORE the cat. Don't worry about the two after, they only monitor the condition of the cat.

I have a 01 silverado 5.3L, and I am going to get the HydroSuper2 Double, and dual EFIE with MAP enhancer. Hopefully that will get me up to 25 mpg from 17-19 mpg now. Please keep us updated. I'm not sure if I want to invest if nobody is getting results. Or I may decide to build it instead of buy it.

Thanks, Doug
(This post was last modified: 06-10-2008 07:25 AM by KS Silverado.)
06-10-2008 07:24 AM
waterboy1 Offline

I have a 96 Chev Silverado 4 wd w/ 5.7L eng. Have one w4gas bottle now and got some good results until computer got me. I am waiting for my EFIE now. Maybe a GM/Chevy thread would be good for all us Chevy guys. I still have a 97 S-10 and 98 Tahoe to convert. Want to get this one working first. Keep us informed. Thanks
06-11-2008 01:29 PM