Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Too much HHO
learntcm Offline

Too much HHO
I have a carburated car 1.8cc and I am putting around one and half litre per minute of HHO from my cell running at 10amp. But I am not getting any gains in mileage. Is it possible that I am putting too much HHO and flooding it.

My car
VW Santana 1996 1.8 petrol. no ecu,

My cell dry cell 16 plates. Koah electrolyte running at 10amps

[font=Arial][/font]
06-13-2010 10:59 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
thomasbala Offline

RE: Too much HHO
(06-13-2010 10:59 PM)learntcm Wrote:  I have a carburated car 1.8cc and I am putting around one and half litre per minute of HHO from my cell running at 10amp. But I am not getting any gains in mileage. Is it possible that I am putting too much HHO and flooding it.

My car

No dry cell puts out 1.5 lpm @ 10 amps. The most a dry cell can do is 1 lpm @10 amps. I've never seen a car that had too much HHO; usually the more the better. I think your problem is HHO isn't getting to the intake. The air cleaner inlet you previously posted a picture of will not do.
06-14-2010 12:04 PM
learntcm Offline

I am sorry you are right, It took two minutes to empty a one and half litre bottle, so its 75ml per minute. As for the HHO not getting in the engine, I have tried everything possible.

1) I removed the top cover of the air filter, fed the pipe in from where the air normally goes in, made a hole in the round paper filter, fed it through there and right on top of the carburetor opening. My carburetor have two holes about 2 inch in diameter, I mounted the HHO pipe on one hole first and then on second hole and then even I put a Y piece and put the HHO in both holes but it did not make any diffirence.

On the bottom of the carburetor, its got one very small in let where the pipe from the distributor gos, I teed in there as well.

On the inlet manifold its got one hole about 1/4" and the pipe from there gos to brakes and its got a tee and also gos to the top of engine, I think the PCV valve. I have even tried it in there.

I am stock, please HELP. Before I would connect my HHO out let to the engine from my cell, I always check to make sure that HHO is reaching to the engine. I would put the pipe in small pop bottle full of water and make sure I am getting same amount of bubbles as I am getting in my bubbler.

I have seen some cars converted to LPG or CNG and they have their air intake partially bloked. I mean they have the air goning in from the air filter restricted, may be I can try this?. You hav any idea about this.

Please look at the attached photo

(06-14-2010 12:04 PM)thomasbala Wrote:  
(06-13-2010 10:59 PM)learntcm Wrote:  I have a carburated car 1.8cc and I am putting around one and half litre per minute of HHO from my cell running at 10amp. But I am not getting any gains in mileage. Is it possible that I am putting too much HHO and flooding it.

My car

No dry cell puts out 1.5 lpm @ 10 amps. The most a dry cell can do is 1 lpm @10 amps. I've never seen a car that had too much HHO; usually the more the better. I think your problem is HHO isn't getting to the intake. The air cleaner inlet you previously posted a picture of will not do.

[font=Arial][/font]
06-14-2010 01:56 PM
thomasbala Offline

Putting the HHO directly into the carb venturi should have worked. I'll bet you're not producing as much HHO as you think you are. You may be pushing too much electrolyte around to get decent production. As I look at your prior posted pictures there's a lot of electrolyte between bubbles of HHO. You may want to try less electrolyte and more amps. As we've both noted carbed vehicles take to HHO like ducks to water. So, the only problem there could be is HHO or not enough HHO isn't getting to the engine.
06-14-2010 02:56 PM
learntcm Offline

Thank you for your sagestions. I have taken the PWM off and I am using 2 table spoon of Naoh in 4 litre reservoir and its drawing about 8 amp. Bottle test shows about 750 ml per minute.

For a 1.8 engine, even 500ml per minute should give some improvement. Am I right?.

This is the cell I recenlty purchased

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HHO-HYDRO...3919032604

Please have a look and see what you think of it.

Thanks

(06-14-2010 02:56 PM)thomasbala Wrote:  
(06-14-2010 01:56 PM)learntcm Wrote:  
Putting the HHO directly into the carb venturi should have worked. I'll bet you're not producing as much HHO as you think you are. You may be pushing too much electrolyte around to get decent production. As I look at your prior posted pictures there's a lot of electrolyte between bubbles of HHO. You may want to try less electrolyte and more amps. As we've both noted carbed vehicles take to HHO like ducks to water. So, the only problem there could be is HHO or not enough HHO isn't getting to the engine.

[font=Arial][/font]
06-15-2010 04:39 AM
thomasbala Offline

(06-15-2010 04:39 AM)learntcm Wrote:  for a 1.8 engine, even 500ml per minute should give some improvement. Am I right?.

It looks like a good cell. Notice at the end of the first video he's using 5 teaspoons of something. He's also using 20amps. Does your cell produce bubbles as fast as his does? Yes, 500 ml/min should give you some improvement but it's not. So, either there's not enough HHO, or it's not getting into the engine.
06-15-2010 12:49 PM
Mr. Binford 2000 Offline

Interesting video, how is he measuring amps there? Looks like probes are against something, parallel and not series, with the meter.

Please explain!
06-15-2010 04:04 PM
learntcm Offline

I am sorry I have not seen the video my self as I cant open it. Its blocked in China like most of the other video sites. Any idea how I can watch in China?

(06-15-2010 04:04 PM)Mr. Binford 2000 Wrote:  Interesting video, how is he measuring amps there? Looks like probes are against something, parallel and not series, with the meter.

Please explain!

Thomas where can I up load a video of my setup as I can not access Youtube?. You think I should try with 15 to 20 amps. I am definaitley gettiing 75 ml per minute at 8AMPS.

(06-15-2010 12:49 PM)thomasbala Wrote:  
(06-15-2010 04:39 AM)learntcm Wrote:  for a 1.8 engine, even 500ml per minute should give some improvement. Am I right?.

It looks like a good cell. Notice at the end of the first video he's using 5 teaspoons of something. He's also using 20amps. Does your cell produce bubbles as fast as his does? Yes, 500 ml/min should give you some improvement but it's not. So, either there's not enough HHO, or it's not getting into the engine.

[font=Arial][/font]
(This post was last modified: 06-15-2010 10:53 PM by learntcm.)
06-15-2010 10:48 PM
thomasbala Offline

(06-15-2010 10:48 PM)learntcm Wrote:  Thomas where can I up load a video of my setup as I can not access Youtube?. You think I should try with 15 to 20 amps. I am definaitley gettiing 75 ml per minute at 8AMPS.
If the authorities in China won't let you play videos it's probably a good idea to not try to send videos. you've got enough trouble with HHO; you don't need any trouble with the authorities. Doubt if a video would help. Definately try 20 amps and make sure the HHO is going into the engine through a vacuum line. What is mpg without HHO? How are you measuring your mpg?
06-16-2010 12:41 PM
learntcm Offline

Thomas I been up since 7am with this damn HHO system. I found a site where I can up load videos. Its not that you can not upload videos from China, it’s just that some sites like You tube is blocked. OK please have a look at the videos. My cell is now producing around 2 liter per minute at about 16 amps. As you will see in the video how I test for mileage and how I got my cell rigged up. You said that I should feed the HHO in to the intake manifold. I did this and the mileage went down. Also when I put the HHO pipe right on top of the butter fly, the mileage goes down. When I put the HHO on the out side of the air filer I do get a minor increase. From 20km for 2litres to 21 to 22 km for 2 litre.

I have seen three different electrical connections on the carb. Could they be some sort of electronic devices which may be preventing the gains?.

I am really stock now. I have tried every thing I could think off, O am not getting any gain in mileage

Here are my videos, Please look and see what do you think could be wrong

http://www.motionbox.com/video/show/d498d3bc1b15ebc75c

http://www.motionbox.com/video/show/a498d3bc1a1deacb2c

http://www.motionbox.com/videos/4c98d3bc1b1ae7c2c4/

Thanks

(06-16-2010 12:41 PM)thomasbala Wrote:  
(06-15-2010 10:48 PM)learntcm Wrote:  Thomas where can I up load a video of my setup as I can not access Youtube?. You think I should try with 15 to 20 amps. I am definaitley gettiing 75 ml per minute at 8AMPS.
If the authorities in China won't let you play videos it's probably a good idea to not try to send videos. you've got enough trouble with HHO; you don't need any trouble with the authorities. Doubt if a video would help. Definately try 20 amps and make sure the HHO is going into the engine through a vacuum line. What is mpg without HHO? How are you measuring your mpg?

[font=Arial][/font]
06-17-2010 07:25 AM