Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Toyota Corolla HELP
cliettjd Offline

Toyota Corolla HELP
hello my name is JD i have all ways wanted to put hho on my car and get good gas. I have a Toyota Corolla that usually gets 32 to 34 MPG so i bought a dry cell and it makes a lot of hho i use lye in it too. BUT I CANT get my miles to get better i have tyred ever thing i can thank of i have try building a simple ifie with a AA batter and it puts out between 0 and 400Mv i work in electronics so I'm smart about that stuff but i cant get it to do better. i also built a map enhancer and tyred using it but i didn't have much luck. Please help

Thanks
06-02-2010 05:07 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
thomasbala Offline

RE: Toyota Corolla HELP
(06-02-2010 05:07 AM)cliettjd Wrote:  hello my name is JD i have all ways wanted to put hho on my car and get good gas. I have a Toyota Corolla that usually gets 32 to 34 MPG so i bought a dry cell and it makes a lot of hho i use lye in it too. BUT I CANT get my miles to get better i have tyred ever thing i can thank of i have try building a simple ifie with a AA batter and it puts out between 0 and 400Mv i work in electronics so I'm smart about that stuff but i cant get it to do better. i also built a map enhancer and tyred using it but i didn't have much luck. Please help

Thanks
What year is your Toy? It might have wide band AFR sensors which are not affected by analog EFIEs. Also, how much is "a lot of HHO"?
06-02-2010 01:00 PM
cliettjd Offline

IT is A 1999 and my dry cell is useing bettwen 10 to 20 Amps so i thank about 1 to 2 LPM
06-02-2010 01:09 PM
thomasbala Offline

(06-02-2010 01:09 PM)cliettjd Wrote:  IT is A 1999 and my dry cell is useing bettwen 10 to 20 Amps so i thank about 1 to 2 LPM
I think you have AFRs rather than O2 sensors. If I'm right you'll need a wide band EFIE. Check the "Visit Our Store" icon. There's someone there that can tell you which EFIE you need. Good luck.
06-02-2010 02:59 PM
cliettjd Offline

Sad RE: Toyota Corolla HELP
im sure i have a narrow band o2 bc it goes betwen 1 to 8 back to 1 than again. but i have ben fighting with this thing for two months and the best i could get was 39 mpg im getting tierd of playing with it so im jest about ready to quit and pull it out of my car. that make me sad bc i really wanted to get some good mpg and save some money
06-03-2010 02:29 AM
thomasbala Offline

(06-03-2010 02:29 AM)cliettjd Wrote:  im sure i have a narrow band o2 bc it goes betwen 1 to 8 back to 1 than again. but i have ben fighting with this thing for two months and the best i could get was 39 mpg im getting tierd of playing with it so im jest about ready to quit and pull it out of my car. that make me sad bc i really wanted to get some good mpg and save some money
Usually the narrow band O2's range between .200 MV and .500 MV. The only way you're going to know for sure is to ask someone who knows. Toy's with the wideband AFR's take to HHO pretty well. Also because you're using between 10 and 20 amps does not mean you're producing between 1 and 2 lpm HHO. You've got to measure it.
06-03-2010 07:42 AM
cliettjd Offline

(06-03-2010 07:42 AM)thomasbala Wrote:  
(06-03-2010 02:29 AM)cliettjd Wrote:  im sure i have a narrow band o2 bc it goes betwen 1 to 8 back to 1 than again. but i have ben fighting with this thing for two months and the best i could get was 39 mpg im getting tierd of playing with it so im jest about ready to quit and pull it out of my car. that make me sad bc i really wanted to get some good mpg and save some money
Usually the narrow band O2's range between .200 MV and .500 MV. The only way you're going to know for sure is to ask someone who knows. Toy's with the wideband AFR's take to HHO pretty well. Also because you're using between 10 and 20 amps does not mean you're producing between 1 and 2 lpm HHO. You've got to measure it.

well i have not measure it but at i have put the hose in water and at 20 amps it make a lot of gas. my o2 only has 4 wires 2 black one white and a blue if i remeber right. do u think that i need to treat my downsterm o2?
does it usally help if u ajust the ITA bc i have not mess with it. i have only played with o2 and map
06-03-2010 08:50 AM
thomasbala Offline

(06-03-2010 08:50 AM)cliettjd Wrote:  
(06-03-2010 07:42 AM)thomasbala Wrote:  

well i have not measure it but at i have put the hose in water and at 20 amps it make a lot of gas. my o2 only has 4 wires 2 black one white and a blue if i remeber right. do u think that i need to treat my downsterm o2?
does it usally help if u ajust the ITA bc i have not mess with it. i have only played with o2 and map

The secret to mpg gains is in the amount of HHO and the EFIE. The O2 sensor to hook the EFIE up to is the very first one as the exhaust comes out. The EFIE you made is probably not capable of varying the voltage. If you have the same output from the O2 sensor to the ECU the ECU thinks the O2 sensor is defective and ignores it. That is assuming you have a narrow band O2 sensor. Try to just add voltage to the ECU signal from the O2 sensor so the signal goes up and down. It can't hurt to disconnect the after catalytic converter O2 sensor, or, connect it to an EFIE. Adjustments to the AIT sensor are overridden by the O2 signal. Again the secret is enough HHO and an EFIE. If you look around on this board you'll find the person to contact to see if you have narrow or wide band O2 sensors. So far you've gotten a 15% to 20% gain which isn't too bad. If you're expecting anything more than 30% you may as well quit trying now.
06-03-2010 01:27 PM
flake Offline

Hi JD,
As you mention that it is 1999 model then you should to use the AFRS rather than a 02 sensor. Well all the above participants perform well and I think no need to further elaborate it.
06-19-2012 08:02 AM
ailixhomes Offline

It is very easy way to get a Scientific Communication between costumers and company 's technical adviser about cars. It is advisable for every car owner to get an advice of auto experts.

50cc scooter is very useful for get a mileage.
07-09-2012 10:34 AM