Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Toyota Sequoia 2001
antipilaf Offline

Toyota Sequoia 2001
Hi All,
anyone has had any experience with 2001-2008 Sequoia's?
I have installed the HHO brick(Hydrogen Assist Kit for Large Engines) and Quad Digital EFIE but still trying to understand how to calibrate the system for best/optimal results.

I appreciate any pointers and ideas.

Thank you...
A.
02-20-2013 02:16 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

RE: Toyota Sequoia 2001
How big of an engine? How much HHO are you using?

If you have the Quad Digital EFIE, are you sure that the sensors are narrow band? Certainly by 2008 the Sequoias were using wide band sensors. In 2001, I would have suspected them for wide band too, but if you had them looked up, I can believe they used narrow band sensors that far back. That would be a fatal error as far as gains go, to have the wrong type.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
02-23-2013 02:47 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
antipilaf Offline

(02-23-2013 02:47 AM)mike Wrote:  How big of an engine? How much HHO are you using?

If you have the Quad Digital EFIE, are you sure that the sensors are narrow band? Certainly by 2008 the Sequoias were using wide band sensors. In 2001, I would have suspected them for wide band too, but if you had them looked up, I can believe they used narrow band sensors that far back. That would be a fatal error as far as gains go, to have the wrong type.

Mike,
I have been working with Dot to get me going, and he's been great...but I am interested in real experience...
Basically, I have 2001 Sequoia 4.7 SR5 4WD.
I ordered this unit and connected it correctly (I think).
http://www.fuelsaver-mpg.com/digital-nar...gital-efie
I have red LED solid, and blinking green LED's.
My settings are 300mv for upstream and 200mv for downstream, and observed 10%-15% improvement on the MPG. Then tried to adjust it to 285mv (upstream) and 215mv (downstream), with hopes for improving the MPG, but with very negative effect on the MPG. Because the MPG dropped to lower than 16mpg.
My HHO produces around 4-6L of HHO. Its connected and working perfectly but has been turned. I was told to adjust the EFIE before turning the HHO on.

Thanks...
(This post was last modified: 02-23-2013 04:30 AM by antipilaf.)
02-23-2013 04:27 AM
LittleGreenDot Offline
Super Moderator

Have you tried lowering you amperage? Your cell may be producing too much HHO for your engine. 4-6LPM? That's way too much. We've found that 15 liter semi engines begin to lose efficiency after 1.5LPM. You will need much less. Try lowering your amps and let us know if you see those gains.
05-17-2013 12:22 PM