Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Toyota Tacoma 2001 O2 Wiring
d37gps Offline

Toyota Tacoma 2001 O2 Wiring
Hi All, has anybody dealt with the o2 wiring on a 2001-2004 Tacoma 4 cyl ? The manual has the 4 wires stated as different colors. They do not match what the book says. Just received my EFIE from Mike this weekend, and want to do it right the 1st time. Thanks for any response !!!
06-23-2008 05:08 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

RE: Toyota Tacoma 2001 O2 Wiring
There is a series of steps at the beginning of the installation instructions that describes how to find the signal wire. See http://www.fuelsaver-mpg.com/doc/EfieInstall.html

It starts with getting the documentation you'll need, but also includes steps for discovering by measuring each wire that attaches to the sensor (if all else fails). Is there some reason you can't solve it using the instructions?

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
(This post was last modified: 04-13-2009 11:15 AM by mike.)
06-25-2008 12:31 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
d37gps Offline

mike Wrote:There is a series of steps at the beginning of the installation instructions that describes how to find the signal wire. See http://www.fuelsaver-mpg.com/doc/EfieInstall.html

It starts with getting the documentation you'll need, but also includes steps for discovering by measuring each wire that attaches to the sensor (if all else fails). Is there some reason you can't solve it using the instructions?

Hi Mike, I found out that my Tacoma and Tundra have AFR's. In reading the other posts by the other moderator (Choilo?), there's not alot I can do that will work. What I would like to to know, can I send back my single EFIE deluxe,and replace it with a DUAL EFIE DELUXE? I am going to put my system on a 2000 GMC 1 ton instead. It has not been damaged or used in any way, and is still new. I'm on a tight time schedule, and need this ASAP. I am going to race Pikes Peak in July, and 14 mpg Hwy. is going to hurt my wallet. 2500 miles round trip = bologna sandwiches and Sams Club soda!! Thanks, Gerald... Sad
(This post was last modified: 04-13-2009 11:15 AM by mike.)
06-25-2008 04:56 AM
colchiro Offline

Guess I'm too late for this party. Gasp

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
06-25-2008 06:56 PM
d37gps Offline

colchiro Wrote:Guess I'm too late for this party. Gasp

Hey, it's never too late!!! I still need this help for my Toyota's. Let's get this working and figure it out.
Thanks, Gerald... Smile
06-26-2008 04:58 AM
mike Offline

d37gps Wrote:Hi Mike, I found out that my Tacoma and Tundra have AFR's. In reading the other posts by the other moderator (Choilo?), there's not alot I can do that will work. What I would like to to know, can I send back my single EFIE deluxe,and replace it with a DUAL EFIE DELUXE? I am going to put my system on a 2000 GMC 1 ton instead. It has not been damaged or used in any way, and is still new. I'm on a tight time schedule, and need this ASAP. I am going to race Pikes Peak in July, and 14 mpg Hwy. is going to hurt my wallet. 2500 miles round trip = bologna sandwiches and Sams Club soda!! Thanks, Gerald... Sad

Yes, you can return re-sellable products of mine for refund. You don't even need a reason. Don't worry about trading in or anything. Just send it in and make sure I know who sent it, so I can just refund you through PayPal. There's never any argument as long as the unit is not damaged or obviously used (I don't care about the packaging, just the unit itself).

Separately, you can order what you want. But, I'm currently digging out of my worst ever backlog. See my post here: http://www.fuel-saver.org/showthread.php?tid=409 for more info on that. I'm about 2 weeks out now on new orders. I figure in about 3 weeks I'll be shipping in 24 hours again, but right now, it's an ugly picture. Sorry.

Visit Our Documents Page
06-26-2008 05:26 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
colchiro Offline

D3, I'd sit onto it for a couple more days. We're waiting for someone to post how he got an EFIE to work with an air-fuel sensor. It's possible you may still be able to use it on your Toyotas.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
06-26-2008 07:03 PM
d37gps Offline

colchiro Wrote:D3, I'd sit onto it for a couple more days. We're waiting for someone to post how he got an EFIE to work with an air-fuel sensor. It's possible you may still be able to use it on your Toyotas.

Cool , thanks guys, I really appreciate the help.It's frustrating after you put your time and effort into making good generators,then find out you can't use them!! I learned a lot in the process. When your through learning, your'e through!!!
Thanks, Gerald...Smile
06-27-2008 12:34 AM
mike Offline

You can still do the MAF, CTS and IAT handlings from Tuning For Mileage . With these you should still get good gains from your gen.

Visit Our Documents Page
(This post was last modified: 04-13-2009 11:17 AM by mike.)
06-30-2008 07:51 AM