Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Toyota Tundra 5.7 Liter Help!!
caglezxj Offline

Toyota Tundra 5.7 Liter Help!!
Hey,

I am Josh Cagle and own a 08 Toyota Tundra 5.7 liter . I will be installing a Smack unit in the next couple of weeks. I was told I will need a 02 sensor modifier to get the best mpg. I have 4 sensors 1 on each side before the cat and 1 on each side after the cat. They are 4 wire sensors. What will I need to do to adjust these sensors. Has anyone here done something similar on there 08 cars and trucks?

Josh
06-13-2008 09:25 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
colchiro Offline

RE: Toyota Tundra 5.7 Liter Help!!
You probably have Toyota's air-fuel sensor, which means we know of no EFIE that works with that. Your best bet is probably to tweak your MAF sensor instead (25k pot in series with the sensor lead). That's what this guy did.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
06-13-2008 08:09 PM
Ryanrpm Offline

Just to update this post.....there is now wide band EFIE's to control these 4-wire o2 sensors from Toyota!

I also own a Tundra....4.7L, and it has the same sensors as described above. I'm looking into getting this EFIE.

Rick, would you happen to know if our downstream sensors need to be controlled? I'd hate to buy the $69 Dual EFIE only to have to then buy the $109 Quad version that controls all 4 sensors.

Purchased! The AquaThrustPlus. Installed on my engine: Tundra 4.7L

[Image: f_emp3hbpw24tm_bcf4d7d.jpg] [Image: f_d32qa8uwm_b9baaff.jpg]

My next mods: Envalve, Vapor Assist.
(This post was last modified: 08-06-2009 06:05 PM by Ryanrpm.)
08-06-2009 06:05 PM
colchiro Offline

Hi Ryan, good question. Why don't you fill out a sensor request form?

Click my documents link and you'll find it at the bottom. Make sure you note in the comments your concern about the post cat o2's.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
08-06-2009 09:25 PM
biggy boy Offline

(08-06-2009 06:05 PM)Ryanrpm Wrote:  Just to update this post.....there is now wide band EFIE's to control these 4-wire o2 sensors from Toyota!

I also own a Tundra....4.7L, and it has the same sensors as described above. I'm looking into getting this EFIE.

Rick, would you happen to know if our downstream sensors need to be controlled? I'd hate to buy the $69 Dual EFIE only to have to then buy the $109 Quad version that controls all 4 sensors.
Hi Ryan I noticed your Signature!
Thought you might find this info interesting.
http://freeenergynews.com/Directory/Hydr...uatune.htm

2001 GMC Sierra 4.8
08-08-2009 06:28 PM
Ryanrpm Offline

Thanks....I have seen that review....and, as you can imagine, it doesn't exactly give me the warm and fuzzies. Haha.

So Fran has a negative review....and the news station test team posted on the Aquatune website, has a positive review. Take your pick I guess.

I'm still willing to try it.....and if I have issues, I'm sure the Aquatune team will be more than willing to work with me on it to get it to work as advertised.

Purchased! The AquaThrustPlus. Installed on my engine: Tundra 4.7L

[Image: f_emp3hbpw24tm_bcf4d7d.jpg] [Image: f_d32qa8uwm_b9baaff.jpg]

My next mods: Envalve, Vapor Assist.
08-09-2009 05:26 PM
mohadeeb Offline

(06-13-2008 09:25 AM)caglezxj Wrote:  Hey,

I am Josh Cagle and own a 08 Toyota Tundra 5.7 liter . I will be installing a Smack unit in the next couple of weeks. I was told I will need a 02 sensor modifier to get the best mpg. I have 4 sensors 1 on each side before the cat and 1 on each side after the cat. They are 4 wire sensors. What will I need to do to adjust these sensors. Has anyone here done something similar on there 08 cars and trucks?

Josh

I have an 07 and i bought one from fuel saver sight. It is the dual wide band type. These do work with our sensors. What are your results with the smack unit? I'm still experimenting myself just gettin started. no gains as of yet but toyotas are difficult to work with.

Fight The Future!

Mohadeeb
(This post was last modified: 12-15-2009 06:14 PM by mohadeeb.)
12-15-2009 06:12 PM