Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Tubes and inverter
Ditchrunner Offline

Tubes and inverter
Has anyone used 316 stainless steel tubes rather than plates to electrolyze with, also has anyone tested using a 12v to 110v inverter for a power source rather than the battery/alternator. Please tell me the pros and cons of both. thank you in advance,
Ed
07-07-2008 11:36 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Sidco7 Offline

RE: Tubes and inverter
I am in the process of doing just that right now. I've got an array of 7 - 316SS tubes with a neutral tube and a solid core.
I've picked up a 750W 12V-115V DC-AC converter and I am going to step up to 1000V with a Toroidal transformer, through a bridge and then back to DC after that. Still in the building stage and not operational yet. That job thing keeps getting in the way. Dammit.
07-07-2008 11:58 AM
steelerfan89 Offline

Can you do this with AC?
07-07-2008 12:06 PM
Sidco7 Offline

No, you need to convert back to DC. The process requires Direct Current, not Alternating Current, otherwise the positive and negitive keeps switching, 60 times a second.
07-07-2008 12:21 PM
baracuda Offline

Sidco7 Wrote:No, you need to convert back to DC. The process requires Direct Current, not Alternating Current, otherwise the positive and negitive keeps switching, 60 times a second.

SId,
Have you thought about using a half wave instead of a full wave rectifier? You'd be making pulse DC by catching half of the A/C frequency. ( Either 117 above 0 potential or 117 below 0 potential ). It might act like a PWM, just wouldn't be adjustable, constant 30 pulses per second.

Just a thought

You can't skin a fish before you catch it !
07-07-2008 03:23 PM
Sidco7 Offline

Well thats worth a second glance, but, I plan to put together a PWM anyway because I think that the ajustablility of these things are crucial. Also need to to put in the provisions for the resonance and since the range is still in question, we need a wide range of adjustability, both with frequency and with voltage.
07-07-2008 04:53 PM
baracuda Offline

Sidco7 Wrote:Well thats worth a second glance, but, I plan to put together a PWM anyway because I think that the ajustablility of these things are crucial. Also need to to put in the provisions for the resonance and since the range is still in question, we need a wide range of adjustability, both with frequency and with voltage.

Roger that....Looks as though you're stepping into a whole other arena !

Best of results to ya

You can't skin a fish before you catch it !
07-07-2008 04:58 PM
tooler1988 Offline

Sidco7 Wrote:I am in the process of doing just that right now. I've got an array of 7 - 316SS tubes with a neutral tube and a solid core.
I've picked up a 750W 12V-115V DC-AC converter and I am going to step up to 1000V with a Toroidal transformer, through a bridge and then back to DC after that. Still in the building stage and not operational yet. That job thing keeps getting in the way. Dammit.

Hi, I am in the process of building a unit that will be controled pretty much how you describe above. I am still alittle fuzzy on the control aspect. Could you explain with a little detail on how the controls work and what is actually being accomplished? I have seen a vidio on one with this type setup but the controls were just glanced over. Production was very good with very low amps which is, I believe what we are looking to accomplish. Any help would be greatly apperciated.

Thanks

Tooler
07-07-2008 05:33 PM
Sidco7 Offline

tooler1988 Wrote:Hi, I am in the process of building a unit that will be controled pretty much how you describe above. I am still alittle fuzzy on the control aspect. Could you explain with a little detail on how the controls work and what is actually being accomplished? I have seen a vidio on one with this type setup but the controls were just glanced over. Production was very good with very low amps which is, I believe what we are looking to accomplish. Any help would be greatly apperciated.

Thanks

Tooler

lol! Tooler, I would simply love to send you and everyone out there the perfect step-by-step plans for control and cell design, but unfortunately, the man who I am trying to duplicate, died suddenly after eating at a resturaunt around March of 1998 and didn't leave much in the way of step-by-step plans. He did, on the other hand, leave excellent procedure examples and circuits in the way of his patents. There are things that Stanley left out of his patents and key pieces of info, but bottom line is; he did it and it can be duplicated, it's just a matter of time and experimentation.

Go to http://www.google.com/patents and search for the attached patent numbers:

The general consensus I'm getting in the "Hydrogen on Demand" community is that we share as much knowledge as possible to as many people as possible so this technology cannot be surpressed. This should be 'the people's technology' and distributed freely to anyone who will listen. The oil dynasty should end.
Keep in touch Tooler and most of all, keep trying.
07-07-2008 07:16 PM
Ditchrunner Offline

Sidco7 Wrote:I am in the process of doing just that right now. I've got an array of 7 - 316SS tubes with a neutral tube and a solid core.

I can relate to the job crap, can you tell me what size tubes you are working with and what kind of container you are using, such as length - diameter - spacing - series- etc. Any info will help at this point.
Thanks again
Ed
07-08-2008 04:47 AM