Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Tuning For Mileage - IAT
bsmart Offline

Tuning For Mileage - IAT
In the document listed in the title, there is a discussion about 'tuning' the various sensors that monitor you engine parameters and supply that data to your CPU. These parameters inform you CPU so it can adjust your AFR to maintain stochio.

( is that document still posted on this forum I can't seem to find it )

One of the sensors discussed is the IAT-Intake Air Temperature sensor. For my vehicle (Isuzu Trooper) and likely most GM products, the IAT sensor resistance will be somewhere between 7500 ohms (45 deg) and 1800 ohms (95 deg) for typical weather in my part of the country. This info is available in the tech manual for the vehicle.

Any resistance put in parallel with this can have a positive effect on the overall resistance. I've tried a couple different resistors so far and had limited results as far as I could tell, but I now have an 11000 ohm resistor installed, and it seems to be different than previous resistors in being effective. More on that as results come in.......

You can check your IAT and CT sensor resistance values in your tech manual to see what they are at various temperatures, to see if modifying them will have any effect or not prior to 'tuning' them. It may save you some time and trouble.

In my case, it was not helpful to modify the CT sensor
(This post was last modified: 04-25-2011 06:10 PM by bsmart.)
04-25-2011 09:30 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply