Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Tunning the car for HHO
braiden79 Offline

Tunning the car for HHO
Hi Everyone

This is my first post to this forum
I'm HHO tester. I have a little HHO cell in my car with a MAP sensor enhancer and the mix of acetone, xylene and torco gp7.

Also I have a Scan Gauge II to measure the MPG
In my test only a few percent of MPG increse maybe 2 or 3MPG
from 27 to 30mpg aprox

I have a Mitsubishi Eclipse 2006 4 cyl aut. still on warranty

Soon I will install a fuel heater also the Dual EFIE to try to improve my MPG. Because I think that only MAP sensor enhancer is not enough.

Also I will put a resistor in the AIT and CTS sensor to try to cover all areas that the ECU use to lean the mixture.
02-11-2008 04:15 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
braiden79 Offline

RE: Tunning the car for HHO
I found in the internet a company http://www.energyempire.com
This people guarantee 50% or more in saving I saw the presentation and the products that they offers and is the same concept of other system.

The only different item is a O2 Optimizer that is connected to the:
- O2 Sensor
- IAT Sensor
- CTS

This product cover more sensors to try to lean the fuel

But if we have the Dual EFIE and we can put some resistor to the IAT and CTS sensor we can lean better the Air/fuel

I hope that we can increase MPG and learn how to tunning the ECU.

Thanks
02-11-2008 04:28 AM
mike Offline

Great to have you. Keep us posted on your results. What MAP sensor enhancer did you use? I'm interested in those.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
02-11-2008 05:10 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
braiden79 Offline

Hi Mike

I use a MAP sensor enhancer for water4gas created. Is a simple potenciometer with a fixed resistor to low the voltage(0 - 5v) of the MAP sensor.

In some cars work well but in my car is not enough to lean the air/fuel because Manufacturers use different ECU with different specification.

I think that all cars can be modified to accept HHO and improve the MPG but is necessary to take all octopus tentacles. Is my personal opinion and I will try to prove it.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

02-11-2008 06:03 AM
mike Offline

Great, thanks for the MAP sensor info.

Quote:I think that all cars can be modified to accept HHO and improve the MPG but is necessary to take all octopus tentacles. Is my personal opinion and I will try to prove it.

I hope we can help you with this.

Visit Our Documents Page
02-11-2008 12:43 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
qsiguy Offline

Great to have you here! One thing to keep in mind with the ScanGauge is that it uses many of the sensors you are modifying for it's calculations. If you "tweak" the sensors you will skew the Scangauge readings. I am a Scangauge dealer and have witnessed this myself. We modified the voltage from the MAF/MAP and the Scangauge read a huge increase but we found it wasn't accurate once we checked the full tank mileage the old fashioned way. So basically you probably can't trust the readings you get once you start changing sensor readings and you will have to resort to checking mileage at fill ups.

Also, you may want to check out this diagram as well for your MAF/MAP mod. This one allows you to adjust the voltage supply to the MAF/MAP rather than regulating the output. It also allows you to alter the supply voltage above or below the 5 volt standard supply from 1.25v - 6.93volts. So you can increase the voltage for more power or reduce it for economy.

[Image: MAPSensorVoltageAdjustercircuitpdf.jpg]

[Image: LogoSM.jpg]
http://www.mpgsolutions.org
Authorized Scangauge II dealer
02-12-2008 10:29 AM
mike Offline

Pretty cool. What's the value of the voltage regulator (12 volts, I assume?) and what is a good value for the trim pot?

Also, a voltage regulator is usually shown with it's 3 pins (in, comm, out), with the common in the middle. Is that the case here? With the output going to ground via the trim pot?

Visit Our Documents Page
(This post was last modified: 02-12-2008 12:20 PM by mike.)
02-12-2008 12:20 PM
tanahiro Offline

my friend, if your going to use the map enhancer i think that you have to disconnect the upstream sensor. because the system if going to send wrong information and they adjust the system again or something like that.

i built one but a cant use in my car because i have MAF sensor. and this enhancer doesnt work in all MAF.
02-14-2008 05:59 AM
braiden79 Offline

You are right, I adjusted the Scangauge with the old way in the same gas pump. And also if I change something in the cell or in the MAP my reading change. I will try to move my MAP Sensor enhancer and put in to the MAF in the air intake because my car have both MAP and MAF. I hope that the MAF output will be in volt and not freq.

Next week I will receive my dual EFIE, O2 extenders, MC-12 PWM and a Hydrogen cell that produce 2lpm with only 13 amp and I will change the location of the output cell from the intake manifold to the air intake after the MAF.

I'm waiting for all parts arrived to test quickly
I hope my investment work and create a Mitsubishi Eclipse Hybrid

qsiguy Wrote:Great to have you here! One thing to keep in mind with the ScanGauge is that it uses many of the sensors you are modifying for it's calculations. If you "tweak" the sensors you will skew the Scangauge readings. I am a Scangauge dealer and have witnessed this myself. We modified the voltage from the MAF/MAP and the Scangauge read a huge increase but we found it wasn't accurate once we checked the full tank mileage the old fashioned way. So basically you probably can't trust the readings you get once you start changing sensor readings and you will have to resort to checking mileage at fill ups.

Also, you may want to check out this diagram as well for your MAF/MAP mod. This one allows you to adjust the voltage supply to the MAF/MAP rather than regulating the output. It also allows you to alter the supply voltage above or below the 5 volt standard supply from 1.25v - 6.93volts. So you can increase the voltage for more power or reduce it for economy.
(This post was last modified: 02-16-2008 10:46 AM by braiden79.)
02-16-2008 10:46 AM
braiden79 Offline

I want to share with all members this information that I found

Is how the ECU or some ECUs calculate the MPG

http://www.circuitcellar.com/advertise/c...er-183.pdf

I think is very interested because I'm not mechanic and now I'm learning about mechanic and hydrogen boost.

The formula contain Air/fuel ratio, MAF and Gasoline density
and some more values

I don't know if the acetone or xylene change the gasoline density
02-16-2008 10:55 AM