Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Turbo cars ok to modify
fixityourselfer Offline

Turbo cars ok to modify
Am planning to get my stock 1998 volvo s70T5 turbo sedan set up on HHO.

is there anything i need to be aware of?

is it ok to convert a turbo car? this car is not the low pressure GLT(4psi boost) it is the high pressure motor(9.6psi factory) but i do not drive hard much. someone wrote on a forum that its bad to use HHO in turbo gasoline cars because
1.its dangerous to pressurize the HHO and
2. HHO eats away at the aluminum turbo parts.

fact or fiction?? thanks alot, Manny
(This post was last modified: 04-27-2009 12:38 PM by fixityourselfer.)
04-27-2009 12:35 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RDKamikaze Offline
Because Saving Gas Matters

RE: Turbo cars ok to modify
Howdy! I hope you read my PM I sent you in reply to yours Big Grin. Welcome to the forums!!

So far, I haven't heard of anyone trying out a turbo'd car, although I've inquired about it numerous times with the same answer. Someone should be diligent about this and get some freaking results so we have some sort of basis to work with lol!!

"HHO eats away at the aluminum parts"
LIES!!! All lies!! It's not HHO itself that eats aluminum, or we would never put it in our cars. It is the SODIUM HYDROXIDE (NaOH) or POTASSIUM HYDROXIDE (KOH) that eats aluminum!!!! Either of these are catalysts that you add to your distilled water solution for HHO to increase the pH level and create more HHO for less time. We clean the HHO bubbles in a clean water jar (called a bubbler) after the bubbles are made so that no harmful NaOH or KOH (depending which you use) enters the engine. I hope this answer helps!

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

My Car:
2006 Toyota Solara 2.4L 4cyl.
-Aftermarket (JPP) header
-DNX exhaust
-Injen Short-Ram Intake (SRI)

Add yourself to the HHO member map!!
04-28-2009 03:30 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
thomasbala Offline

(04-27-2009 12:35 PM)fixityourselfer Wrote:  Am planning to get my stock 1998 volvo s70T5 turbo sedan set up on HHO.

is there anything i need to be aware of?

is it ok to convert a turbo car? this car is not the low pressure GLT(4psi boost) it is the high pressure motor(9.6psi factory) but i do not drive hard much. someone wrote on a forum that its bad to use HHO in turbo gasoline cars because
1.its dangerous to pressurize the HHO and
2. HHO eats away at the aluminum turbo parts.

fact or fiction?? thanks alot, Manny
As far as turbocharged cars go, they're a little bit sensitive to overleaning if you're hot footed; otherwise, no problem. BTW you never, ever pressurize HHO. You would inject it the same way supercharged diesels do - at the air inlet rather than into the pressurized plenum.
04-28-2009 10:06 PM
kerllycrueaz Offline

Turbo chargers are one of the best enhancement for most engines. You could gain 30% more horsepower with it.

Lone Mountain Truck Leasing
05-29-2012 11:41 AM
Amarion8100 Offline

Owning a car is one thing but maintaining it is a totally different ball game.The only feasible way of keeping tabs on car maintenance expenses is by being able to do the repair tasks yourself.
I'm also looking forward to repair my car.This information will be helpful for me...thanks everyone.

thule roof racks
(This post was last modified: 06-18-2012 10:17 AM by Amarion8100.)
06-18-2012 10:16 AM
flake Offline

I also get this project but unfortunately i get fail due to the reason of my business partner.
Well Its really an awesome work if we perform it consciously and give the time regularly.
gold coast car rental
(This post was last modified: 11-08-2014 12:13 AM by flake.)
06-19-2012 07:59 AM
ailixhomes Offline

Now a days there have been little bit trend to modify Turbo cars. This type of craziness have been seen all youngsters. It is to be consider as a best thing for every car owners to get a different looks of their cars.

50cc scooter is very useful for get a mileage.
08-01-2012 11:07 AM
wilfredbarthes Offline

Nowadays car modification is common. If you want your own sports car and does not have enough money to own it, people always try to modify it to fulfill their hobbies.

get money for junk cars
08-28-2012 04:26 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
EmissionO Offline
So close to the edge its untrue

The only thing you need to bear in mind with HHO rates of production on a turbo are that the increase in boost pressure means you are throwing more air in than a normally aspirated engine.....therefore look at what ratio you want at atmospheric and apply the maths to give the you the correct rate for your boost pressure.
08-31-2012 01:42 AM
FrankNobby Offline

Modify cars are very important thing and many peoples would like to do because with it look of car was improve and it spread new impression on the mind of peoples. Chevrolet cobalt SS is my favorite modified car.

Lone Mountain Truck Leasing
09-10-2012 03:27 PM