Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Turbo with HHO jsut thinking
hhagen_1 Offline

Turbo with HHO jsut thinking
So my 1974 Dodge with a 225 CID slant 6 and automatic trans. The only mod this slant has is I turned it in to a what is known as a super 6 with a Carter BBD 2 barrel carb. I have been toying with the idea of installing a turbo but I was looking for some input. I had to change the plugs and wires last weekend had 2 plugs miss firing. She runs good now but I need to fatten up the fuel a bit to lean with the HHO on and my mileage has dropped as has power.
I have been doing research on slant sixes with turbochargers and it is not cheap but can be done for around 400 I think if I can get a used turbo from the you pull it junk yard. I know this may be out of the ordinary to ask on here but wondering if anyone has ideas on this crazy thought of mine.

Thanks
07-24-2013 06:22 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Milton Park Offline

RE: Turbo with HHO jsut thinking
My cousin used to tinker around in local garages until some weeks ago. I remember him installing a garret turbocharger out of an online scrap yard for a very affordable price. Indeed, taking a used turbo from dismantlers (especially those which provide a warranty) can be a very cost effective method and usually they are genuine OEM too.

Parts and Accessories
08-05-2013 02:55 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply